Liquidity Risk AnalystRisk Dallas, Texas
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Liquidity Risk Analyst is an oversight position to monitor and assess liquidity risk management activity. The position reports to the Director of Liquidity Risk, assisting and ensuring appropriate measures are in place and steps taken to effectively and optimally measure, model, analyze, and interpret changes to the company’s liquidity risk profile.
- Provide oversight to the line of business and monitor risk controls, ensuring consistency and compliance with Corporate Liquidity Risk management policy guidelines
- Support Director for providing effective challenge regarding funding decisions and remediating actions
- Develop alternative view for specific liquidity risk assumptions, reviewing historical performance of critical market risk factors, understanding outliers and performing data mining to accurately compute results
- Participate in sessions with business line, contributing with a critical view about business activity, supporting rationale, presenting recommendations and following on implementation of observations
- Propose methodologies that affect measurement of liquidity position, generating measurement tests to qualify accuracy of metrics
- Monitor capital markets performance, bond markets, and assess market liquidity on a daily basis
- Ensure accuracy of measurement of cash-flows and liquidity risk position, validating supporting data
- Assess liquidity risk drivers, determine variations and analyze management actions and impact on risk mitigating activities
- Complete reviews/projects and additional work within specified timescales and in line with departmental standards.
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out with a high degree of professionalism.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or Economics or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required. Master Degree preferred.
- Five (5) – Seven (7) years of progressive experience within consumer or commercial banking risk management.
- Master’s degree, CFA, FRM, or other similar preferred
- Experience working within risk management and forecasting functions, with ability to understand risk concepts such as market, liquidity, and credit risk
- Strong quantitative skills, and proficiency in data mining tools such as SQL, SAS, or R and Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and reporting tools such as Tableau
- Analytical, technical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication, collaboration, and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and emphasis on contributions to overall team effort
- Strategic and tactical thinker with ability to multitask and prioritize
The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.