Loan Accounting SpecialistOperations Support North Richland Hills, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Loan Accounting Specialist II shall be responsible for processing monetary and non-monetary transactions to customers’ loans, in compliance with the Department’s policies and procedures’ in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares daily monetary upload transactions through batch cycle entries while maintaining records, files and controls
- Uses Excel and the Payment Uploader, creates and balances all daily loan monetary batches
- Applies proper treatment to reverse and reapply cash and non-cash adjustments following departmental business rules
- Provides daily support and resolution to all internal SC customers regarding escalated issues
- Manually corrects all monetary and non-monetary system exception errors due to system parameters within automated processes, systemic limitations, or customer refunds
- Supports the Servicing Department, OOP, ASU and other areas of the business by meeting departmental SLA’s on all inbound requests
- Researches and resolves accounts according to payment disputes in relation to missing payments, misapplied payments, unauthorized payments and overpayments
- Reviews and updates desktop procedures
- Documents the appropriate systems for research, tracking and reconciliation purposes
- Creates and uploads 3rd party payment files for posting and wire transfers to reconcile and resolve exceptions
- Reviews and approves all customer related refunds to ensure accurate accounting and compliance to policies and procedures
- Manually researches and resolves all bank and payment channel related exceptions and related disputes
- Promotes a cooperative and productive work environment
- Maintains effective communication with all colleagues, customers and third parties
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- May assist other related departments as required by business needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Two (2) years’ experience in Accounting or Finance Services industry required.
- Experience in maintaining robus daily electronic ledgers for reconciliation purposes
- Ability to demonstrate analytical capabilities
- Experience working on multiple concurrent tasks while meeting rigorous deadlines
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional demeanor while working with internal and external customers
- Proficient in basic PC applications, including Microsoft Office
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel knowledge preferred
- Overtime work may be required throughout the year
- Shifts and/or schedules may change throughout the year as dictated by management and business needs
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
Employer’s Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.