Manager, Accounting Policy (Technical Accounting)Full-Time Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Accounting Policy Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with and proper documentation of all applicable accounting guidance.
- Engages with internal stakeholders such as Business Development to identify new and proposed transactions, and determines and documents appropriate accounting treatment for such transactions
- Interacts with external auditors and other parties, such as parent company accounting group, to ensure completeness and accuracy of documentation of accounting treatments
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of technical accounting memos on accounting topics impacting the Company, and ensures policies and procedures, narratives, and control matrices appropriately reflect the technical accounting memos
- Partners with External Reporting teams to ensure proper financial statement presentation and disclosure
- Partners with General Ledger group to ensure journal entries and reconciliations reflect proper accounting treatment
- Researches new accounting literature to determine its applicability to SC, and prepares thorough documentation of the impact of all applicable literature
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required, Master’s Degree preferred
- CPA preferred
- Four (4) to seven (7) years Big Four experience preferred
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ Financial Services experience required
- Ability to lead, manage, develop, and motivate a team of staff members
- Time management skills with strong attention to details; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet assigned project deadlines in a timely manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and negotiation skills
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and rapidly changing business environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate office role
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.