Manager, Corporate ServicesOperations Strategy Dallas, Texas
The Mailroom Manager, Strategic Operations reviews, monitors and directs staff on setting operational goals and production activities. The incumbent will be responsible for oversight on all but not limited to Logistics, mail deliveries, Mailroom management, inventory control and daily reports. The incumbent will define and track ongoing SLA’s and research/resolve any identified issues within applicable timeframes. They will establish governance and controls meetings to review ongoing processes and incidents. Incumbent will develop a strong working relationship with the third party vendor within a defined work stream to ensure all requirements are met and maintained. They will interact with the vendor and various internal business partners in support of branch and department openings, closings and relocations. Help to keep procedures current and create new ones when needed. Provide feedback to the Operations Manager regarding issues. Look to improve current processes. Communicate effectively with management across the corporation and its affiliates. Serve as an internal resource responds to questions regarding logistics, pick-up and delivery times and mail.
- Supervises, trains, and develops staff in:
- Liaise with third party vendors, business partners, internal compliance, audit and legal teams in all matters related to operational support. Conduct monthly conference calls with vendors and annual on-site meeting.
- Ensure the completion of all daily pick-up and deliveries. Validate weekly invoices and submit for payment.
- Manage logistic changes. Work with the business partners and the vendor to change routes, mail codes (if applicable) and revise documentation.
- Continually evaluates and enhances workflow to implement best practices.
- Implements new approaches and concepts to ensure objectives are obtained.
- Research/resolve escalate issues within established SLA’s
- Look for improvements within the daily work and update or create new procedures for the department as needed. Provide cost and impact analysis based on knowledge and experience.
- Provide daily/weekly/monthly reports to management
- Manages a team of associates both internal and external:
- Completes monthly and interim performance reviews.
- Increases staff’s motivation and satisfaction.
- Documents employee activity including attendance, training, and other employee-related issues.
- Monitors electronic time keeping system for all direct reports to ensure integrity as well as resolve issues such as missed punches, overtime, and PTO prior to the end of each payroll cycle.
- Administers disciplinary actions.
- Monitors and resolves vendor issues
- Recommend cost savings solutions.
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Two (2) to four (4) years customer service and/or collections experience;
- Three (3) to five (5) years management experience.
- Must have advanced understanding of mailroom activities, such as document indexing and imaging, incoming and outgoing mail process, printing, scanning, and mailing out.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including training and mentoring skills to coach the staff.
- Superior industry/product knowledge, and managing in a print/mail facility.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, sales and closing skills a must.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office and mail applications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.