Manager, Desktop Systems EngineeringFull-Time Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Manager Systems Engineering Endpoints is responsible for overseeing the team who designs, implements and maintains enterprise solutions around endpoint devices, security compliance, backups, standardization and end user services. This role requires a combination of people management, as well as technical hands-on involvement and expertise.
- Manages Systems Engineering Endpoints team, which includes priority management as well as coordinating and communicating group activities. Mentors and coaches the Systems Engineering team members, including conducting performance reviews and knowledge share sessions to foster strong career development. Coordinate interviews for open positions and collaborate with management on hiring decisions.
- Develops tactical departmental planning, oversees implementations & modifications, new policies & procedures.
- Collaboration with Project Managers, other IT department and Business units around new projects being requested of System Engineering Endpoints team or may have impact in end user device areas.
- Develop and review documentation, and standards around items impacting end user devices or access to meet Business, Security and Compliance requirements.
- Coordinate with Service Support Management on process and procedure updates and transition meeting around new or updated end user connectivity and device areas.
- Participate in Information Security, Compliance and Risk Management affecting end user computing environment, including audit response and remediation.
- Work with Service Support and other IT department management to identify requirements for new services, tools and processes to manage and improve customer satisfaction
- Analyzes vendor proposals and maintains current knowledge of overall System Engineering vendor capabilities.
- Performs capacity reviews and plans for Systems Engineering equipment and functions.
- On-call for team responsibilities and requests related to systems we are involved with.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Internal candidates who do not meet the stated requirements for management experience (but, are otherwise qualified) may be considered for this role on a conditional basis in compliance with section 9. 3. 33 of SC’s Internal Transfer and Promotion Policy
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ of hands-on experience with infrastructure technologies including Microsoft server platforms, enterprise client management systems and IT security
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience effectively managing vendor support relationships
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ hands-on experience with Active Directory infrastructure and Group Policy Management
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience with enterprise imaging, patch and application deployment systems
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise technology platforms including DNS, Active Directory, TCP/IP, SMTP, SCCM or MDT imaging and package deployment, Shavlik, thin client management, etc.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Mac, IOS and Android device imaging, security, encryption, patching and management
- Experience with Microsoft Enterprise Exchange management and support
- MCITP or MSCE Certification strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of ITIL; ITIL Certification preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a high-paced and dynamic work environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills and self-motivated.
- High capacity for learning and excellent problem-solving and design skills
- Highly collaborative and a team player
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Extended working hours may be required by management and business needs
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate / satellite office role
Employer’s Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.