Sr. Associate, Financial Planning & AnalysisFinance Dallas, Texas
Job Family: Finance
The Finance organization is responsible for leading and participating in a number of critical functions including: supporting executive management decisions making by analyzing results, assessing strategic alternatives and developing strategic plans; communicating financial results and forecasts with critical stakeholders, including executive management and Board of Directors, shareholders and regulators; managing the Company’s balance sheet, including interest rate and liquidity risks; establishes the Company’s capital policies and prioritizes investments; develops and implements controls to reduce operational risk; developing and maintaining financial data and systems. The Finance organization works across functions and Business lines in the Company, requiring a broad understanding of our business, risk and strategy.
Job Function: Financial Planning & Analysis
Generates forecasts and analyzes trends in revenue-generating organizations, finance and other areas of business for financial and strategic planning purposes. Conducts financial and economic analysis and forecasting and evaluates alternate financial plans. Prepares, analyzes, interprets and maintains internal and external information related to economic policy, rates of return, depreciation, investments and operational and financial results. Analyzes profit-and-loss income statements and prepares reports on findings to make budgeting and cost recommendations to management.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The AVP, Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for the creation and ongoing management of FP&A projects, processes, and tools to support the FP&A functionality.
- Works collaboratively on FP&A projects, processes, and tools to support the FP&A functionalityInfluences others regarding FP&A process policies, procedures, and practices
- Delivers well-analyzed financial forecasts to support the businesses strategic direction and budget
- Produces variance analysis, making recommendations for actions where needed, and updating forecasting methodology to reduce variances to expectations
- Provides ad-hoc support in critical business analytics and reporting
- Maintains, optimizes, and develops forecasting models driving increased accuracy and efficiency
- Contributes to the preparation of various Executive level presentations, including Board of Directors and Earnings related materials
- Enhances the financial understanding of business lines, products and segments to aid reporting, forecasting and business decision making
- Represents organization as the primary contact for specific Financial Planning & Analysis projects and initiatives
- Creates and/or changes processes that will lead to measurable gains in data quality and processing time
- Consults on complex business issues and data design considerations to improve accuracy and efficiency in the reporting processes
- Works well cross-functionally with others in the organization
- Assists in comparing CCAR forecast to Strategic Plan, ensuring continuity between the two methodologies and identifying areas for improvement
- Establishes and implements detailed process documentation and best practices for all data processes
- Other duties as assigned
- Education –
- Bachelor's Degree: Business Administration, Accounting and/or Economics or equivalent field
- or equivalent work experience
- Experience –
- 7+ years Financial Planning and Analysis experience, preferably in the Financial Services Industry
- Skills & Abilities –
- Deep understanding of budgeting, financial analysis and forecasting principles and best practices
- Demonstrated financial modeling knowledge and skills with strong analytical, qualitative, and problem-solving skills
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Essbase or similar multidimensional database platforms preferred
- Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding
- Detail oriented with the ability to research, organize and analyze financial data
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently with a sense of urgency and drive issues/projects to closure
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships at all levels of management
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to listen to and interpret the requirements of internal clients, plan accordingly, and exceed expectations
- Execution – Accountability:
- Fully accountable for timeliness, completeness, quality of projects, processes, products and services
- Remains calm and focused on goals while facing pressures, obstacles or short-term setbacks
- Problem Solving – Solution Definition:
- Persists in searching out the root causes of major problems rather than being satisfied with partial solutions or “quick fixes”
- Brings new thinking, insights or technology to problem resolution
- Collaboration – Relationship Management:
- Improves relationships between key individuals to achieve seamless cross-team work flow and positively impact results
- Uses informal networks to gain support for ideas and projects
- Customer Focus – Issue Ownership:
- Takes responsibility for and deals effectively with complex and sensitive customer issues and complaints
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively makes recommendations
- Influence – Two-way communication:
- Effectively conveys difficult or complex information in an easy to understand manner, by providing the big picture and illustrating important linkages
- Asks open-ended questions that encourage others to give their points of view
- Risk Management – Continuous Process Improvement:
- Designs, develops and drives the adoption of risk management policies, processes, and procedures
- Applies advanced skills in operational processes and uses it to improve work efficiency and quality
- Working Conditions: Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.