Manager Internal AuditAudit Dallas, Texas
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the evaluation and monitoring of a firm’s risk management, control and governance practices, and for providing recommendations for improvement where necessary. Business / operational /compliance audit reviews of the organization’s financial and operational processes to ensure compliance and best practices. Makes recommendations to the Internal Audit Committee or Board of Directors Management on issues raised during audit procedures. Provides detailed feedback to business unit management. May also be tasked with leading specific control initiatives, firm-wide process changes or for conducting special investigations. Responsible for the day to day management of audit(s), ensuring timely and adequately documented work papers. The Manager of Internal Audit is actively involved in the development of junior auditors.
- Day to Day management of multiple audits/work papers/findings/documentation, team development, mid-level management interaction during audits
- Management of simultaneous compliance audits and continuous initiatives
- Development of audit program / test approach with support from Director
- Oversee day to day project execution and coaching (at times will require involvement in the execution itself)
- Preparation of audit findings – Manager with execution support from the team and review support from Director
- Audit report preparation – Audit Manager with light execution support from team (Seniors only) and coaching/guidance support from Director
- Ensuring adequacy, accuracy and completeness of audit work papers (includes supervision and final ownership of Auditor IV output) & other similar output where assistance is received from Auditor IV (i.e. recommendations, portions of the audit report).
- Oversee day to day execution of continuous initiatives/monitoring (at times will require involvement in the execution itself). Review and analysis of monthly results, preparing a summary report of conclusions for Director and implementing improvements to the model.
- Works with Business Units to ensure accurate and timely remediation of management action plans for audit findings
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Attend committees and working groups within the Company as required.
Provides leadership and direction through exempt and/or non-exempt staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Santander’s policies and applicable laws.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent, preferably in Business Administration or Economics
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in the financial industry in either public accounting or Internal Audit
- One (1) to Three (3) years prior management experience is required
- Internal candidates who do not meet the stated requirements for management experience (but, are otherwise qualified) may be considered for this role on a conditional basis in compliance with section 9.3.33 of SCUSA’s Internal Transfer and Promotion Policy.
- Professional Certification (CPA, CIA, CRCM, CFA, or CISA)
- Demonstrated technical abilities in select areas, audit, accounting, regulatory, compliance etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge in operations and processes related to loan servicing.
- Strong understanding of the financial services regulatory environment.
- Excellent analytical, showing ability to assess risks and controls, able to process information quickly
- Exceptional oral and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Capability to navigate a global matrix organization
- Ability to collaborate with other senior managers all levels of management and influence changes at the highest levels of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize work and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team in a fast moving environment
- Demonstrates experience in managing teams and managing integrated audits
- Demonstrated leadership and team development experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Big Four Accounting experience
- Consumer finance/consumer lending experience / auto finance / knowledge of and exposure to consumer regulations
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required (10% or less).
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.