Manager of ImpoundsOperations Support North Richland Hills, Texas
Job Family: Business Operations
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company's business units. Aims to deliver superior service to clients by driving and optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of people, processes and technology thereby enhancing financial performance, increasing investment capacity, and managing risk. Builds the sustainable repeatable capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of service and execution. Analyzes and reviews data tools, business processes and operational standards to execute service delivery. Evaluates and ensures that operations meet company objectives, business needs, service agreements and relevant requirements. Researches and monitors external landscape to identify developments and translate them into operational implications for the company.
Job Function: Auto Loan & Lease Recovery
Manages the day-to-day operations of consumer severely past due customer accounts in order to minimize losses and secure collateral. Ensures adherence to internal policy and external regulations. Supports respectful customer experiences throughout life of loan.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Manager, Recovery and Reinstatement reviews, monitors and directs process flows as it pertains to Recovery and Reinstatement efforts and activities. The manager ensures company policies and procedures, as well as State and Federal laws are followed on all portfolios.
- Serves as manager and mentor over the direct supervision of Recovery & Reinstatement associates providing guidance regarding invoicing, organizational goals, objectives, policies and procedures, State and Federal laws and ensure performance standards are achieved and maintained.
- Partners with Accounts Receivable and Payable, SourceNet and Vendor Management in regards to payment allocation errors and issue resolution.
- Performs audit of accounts, reporting and Auto Pay process for accuracy, timely receipt from vendors and proper allocation of funds.
- Manages and audits invoice rejections identified by the Process Coordinators to identify vendor or system issues.
- Manages and coordinates the strategy of Repo, Impound and Bankruptcy invoicing inboxes to ensure acceptable turnaround time.
- Develops and trains all associates for understanding and implementation of all aspects of the job description.
- Promotes a cooperative and productive work environment for team members consistent with the Company's mission and values.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manages subordinate managers and professional staff. Is responsible for the strategic guidance, development and evaluation of employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Santander’s policies and applicable laws.
- Education –
- Bachelor's Degree: Business, Finance, or equivalent degree.
- or equivalent work experience: Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience –
- 5-9 years Auto Finance industry experience
- 0-3 years Management experience preferred.
- Skills & Abilities –
- In-depth knowledge of invoicing processes including experience in financial services;
- Advanced understanding of loss prevention and collection policies and procedures and be familiar with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Excellent leadership and decision making skills with the ability to lead, coach and motivate others.
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of the management and executive team.
- Ability to create an atmosphere where team members feel free to express concerns and suggestions while identifying opportunities to improve and align loss recovery initiatives.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to lead, influence and direct peers, subordinates and management.
- Ability to interact with senior level management; experience interfacing with multiple levels of the organizational structure.
- Ability to convey a sense or urgency and drive.
- Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, personal ownership and drive towards results
- Demonstrated ability to establish and enhance processes to improve business results
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.