Associate, Operational RiskRisk Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Santander Consumer USA’s Operational Risk Management function exists to provide management with assurance over Operational Risk Management, capturing and reporting issues and events related to the Operational Risk environment in SC.
- Responsible for the Operational Risk Management functions, reporting to the Director of Operational Risk Management.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the SC Operational Risk Management Framework and Appetite that supports SC in its business and risk governance strategies, SC Policy Framework and standards, and regulatory requirements
- Provide effective review and challenge to issues and events reported
- Manage Quality Control (QC) scoping, planning and execution across multiple business processes and functions in accordance with the risk management process
- Responsible for conducting QC testing, related analysis and root cause analysis with respect to operational risks associated with losses
- Support CCAR program Operational Risk deliverables
- Ensure accurate loss capture, entry and reconciliation
- Working with the SC departmental risk managers, business leads and other stakeholders to create a culture of strong operational risk management.
- Developing key Operational Risk reports that are used to support the goals of the SC Operational Risk agenda and aggregating Operational Risk metrics
- Collaborate with business areas and management to ensure visibility to and understanding of related risk processes and reporting.
- Develop strong relationships with key department heads to ensure vendor management is understood and managed appropriately.
- Develop and manage policies, process flows and procedures at the program level for the issue management and risk event team.
- Provide reporting at a high level suitable for presentation to executive management reflective of activities performed by the function
- Assist in Operational Risk Management Oversight Risk Assessments
- Support the Operational Risk Management strategy as an independent oversight team to verify controls and assess the effectiveness in mitigating operational risk
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Director or VP of Operational Risk Management
- Develops team members by providing feedback on strength and growth areas, providing an environment that supports learning and development, and regularly discussing progress towards goals with direct reports.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Manages staff. Is responsible for the day to day guidance, coordination, development and evaluation of employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Santander’s policies and applicable laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Five (5) – seven (7) years of experience working in Operational Risk, audit or other risk functions within a bank or financial services company, with working knowledge of consumer and commercial banking and/or capital markets products.
- One (1) – three (3) years or more of previous management experience.
- Proficient understanding of financial services regulatory requirements and current regulatory developments.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to request and/or collect relevant information, identify potential exposures/gaps, summarize conclusions, construct recommendations, present recommendations, collaborate on the design/testing/implementation of controls, and evaluate control results.
- Ability to analyze risk metrics and translate into predictive data and action plans that anticipate and mitigate risk exposure.
- Proficient reporting skills with the ability to design, analyze and reconcile large data sets; ability to generate charts and tables using the correct level of detail; perform relevant trend analysis; create metrics and dashboards.
- Skilled in creating high-impact presentations for all audiences (senior management, training, etc) including the ability to represent content concisely and through charts and graphics for enhanced visual impact.
- Strong MS Office skills; Excel, PowerPoint and Word is essential.
- Influencing skills and ability to drive initiatives to completion within a matrix reporting environment.
- Strong leadership/managerial skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to foster a collaborative working relationship with multiple functional areas, operational areas, and complex business lines.
- Ability to work closely and build trust with management.
- Relevant certifications preferred including CIA, CCSA, CPA, or CRMA.
- Knowledge of Basel II, CCAR and Sarbanes-Oxley preferred.
- Knowledge of RCSA framework preferred.
The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.employment at any time, for any reason.