Manager, Statistical AnalysisAnalytics/Decision Science Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
Develops and maintains predictive models including credit scoring models for an auto lender.
- Supervises the development of complex mathematical models – including credit origination and customer behavior scorecards – which directly support critical decision making processes and the company’s overall understanding of our business, the markets within which we operate, and our customers.
- Develops the underlying assumptions, theory, empirical evidence, and conceptual soundness of statistical and mathematical models.
- Applies statistical techniques to analyze trends and uncover risks and opportunities relative to portfolio management and originations.
- Uses internal and external data sources to create robust model development datasets.
- Ensures modeling projects are conducted in accordance with established company policies and generally-accepted mathematical modeling practices.
- Identifies modeling needs and communicates them to the Director Quantitative Modeling.
- Periodically assesses department procedures for accuracy and completeness.
- Utilizes data mining and statistical techniques to develop analytic insights, sound hypotheses, and informed recommendations.
- Encapsulates analytic findings into executive-level summary documents to support senior management decision-making.
- Liaisons with IT and other internal teams to define requirements and ensure the timely and accurate delivery of data elements required for analytic projects.
- Provides requisite information in support of independent model validation activities.
- Actively participates in the professional development of junior-level statisticians.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the firm’s operations and business practices.
- Take a lead role in Supporting Model Validation and documentation of models in accordance with Santander Consumer internal policies and U.S. Federal Reserve regulations (SR 11-07).
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Education Level
- Graduate degree in Statistics, Economics, Operations Research or other quantitative discipline required.
- Technical Expertise
- Familiarity with logistic regression models, segmentation and variable reduction techniques, hypothesis testing, non-parametric testing, design of experiments, ANOVA, CHAID analysis and linear regression.
- Prior experience developing, maintaining and recalibrating credit risk models required
- SAS: SAS base, SAS/STAT, PROC SQL.
- Using SQL and SAS to extract data from different data sources. Ability to merge, concatenate, clean data and check for data consistency and accuracy.
- Presentation Skills
- Use Excel to perform data analysis tasks and visually display quantitative information.
- Word and Power Point for explaining results related to different statistical analyses. Ability to explain statistical concepts to a business audience
- Industry Experience
- Five (5) + years’ experience using statistical techniques in the financial services industry preferred.
- Previous team lead or project management experience preferred.
- Prior experience developing credit risk models required.
- Prior experience in auto finance preferred but not required.
- Prior experience working with credit bureau/third party vendor data strongly preferred.
- Prior experience supporting model validations with model risk management groups
- Management skills
- Ability to supervise and take a lead in projects
- Ability to work in a team setting and take lead in the project and provide guidance to other team members
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.