Manager TrainingHuman Resources Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities
The Manager Training is responsible for the development and delivery of training programs for a defined operational area for Santander Consumer USA Inc. (SCUSA).
- Designs, delivers and evaluates the success of education programs for a defined operational area and other lines of business
- Designs and completes needs assessments, facilitates, and develops curriculum as needed.
- Collaborates with leadership and business partners to create supplemental or continuing education training when performance gaps occur
- Assists with the development of plans and strategies to deliver requested training interventions to the assigned operational area
- Conducts train-the-trainer sessions as new courses are developed to ensure consistency and continuity in the delivery of objectives
- Designs clear and accurate materials, using subject matter experts for assistance to ensure clarity and relevance to job performance
- Manages and develops direct reports
- Creates and manages strong business partnerships with functional business partners
- Supports business related projects and attend related meetings as required or assigned
- Designs and delivers leadership training to contribute to the development of all managers.
- Manages and creates objectives specific for the developmental needs of all reports.
- Collaborates with the AVP, Training to effectively design and implement curriculum for the business as needed.
- Sets annual objectives for direct reports.
- Collaborates with the business and legal department to ensure curriculum meets objectives and compliance measures.
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent combination of education and work experience may be substituted in lieu of experience
- Minimum of five (5) years training experience
- One (1) to three (3) years management experience required
- Auto Finance industry knowledge preferred
- ASTD (American Society Training & Development) certification or similar training certification preferred
- A background that includes Training, Communication and/or Writing is strongly preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid presentation and group facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of adult learning and teaching methodologies.
- Ability to lead, manage, develop, and motivate a team of staff members.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Extended work hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate / satellite office role
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.