Marketing InternCollege/Internships Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Social Media Intern supports the social media team in showcasing the products, brands and initiatives of Santander Consumer USA via the social media space. The Social Media Intern will provide persuasive social media content and campaigns on all social media channels as well as, e-mail, Web, blog, and more. This person will help Santander Consumer USA grow and deploy its new media strategy.
- Works with the Social Media Team to create and execute social media strategy.
- Writes copy for new media, including blogs and social networking sites.
- Creates Search Engine Optimization (SEO) content for campaigns when appropriate.
- Monitor and engage in brand/industry-related conversation on social media sites and consumer/industry blogs.
- Create consistent “sticky” posts for industry niche sites.
- Develops business relationships with like-minded bloggers and writers in the industry, enabling SC USA to leverage such relationships for PR and cross-sell purposes.
- Keeps up to date on social media trends, tools and products.
- Produces work in a collaborative manner with various other departments.
- Interfaces with key people to ensure overall success of initiatives.
- Special projects as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Pursuing a degree in Marketing, Communications, or Liberal Arts
- Social media experience.
- Actively engaged in the social media space.
- Self-motivator/flexible/team player.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects.
- Experience working in a corporate setting
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.