Associate, Business AnalysisMarketing Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Associate, Business Analysis, provides analytical, marketing and research support to banking activities including data collection, analysis and project management. The role involves liaising with senior management, finance department and marketing, understanding business and data requirements, translating those requirements and upgrading the system and business processes. The incumbent undertakes data collection, reporting on specific projects, supporting marketing initiatives and developing portfolio analysis pricing and profitability analysis.
S/he may also provide: consulting services, planning and executing customer projects, executing day-to-day reporting and settlement, analyzing the credit worthiness of banking clients, preparing financial and market analysis, preparing banking services analysis including deposits, interests, corporate banking and cash management and creating and executing test plans.
- Translates business requirements into IT application impacts and business process impacts.
- Develops and updates functional requirements and conducts business process modeling to explain functional requirements to business, development and QA teams.
- Assists IT and business teams to ensure requirements are translated to test plans
- Identifies, assesses, and documents business requirements, recommending business priorities, and advising business on options, risks, and costs.
- Conducts research to determine if solutions to business requirements currently exist within or outside the business unit, and if not, whether new solutions are feasible.
- Analyzes impact of proposed solution across the business, develop use cases to explain/demonstrate business requirements/specifications to IT team, and contribute a business or process perspective during design reviews.
- Assists Quality Management team to ensure that requirements documentation can be easily translated into test plans, and ensure that the proper testing plans have been completed.
- Performs Data mining and Analysis to address key business issues.
- Troubleshoots and reports system performance and functionality problems.
- Manages/assists with the creation and execution of test plans and user acceptance testing.
- Communicates with LOB partners, understands the problem at hand and ensures end-product quality.
- Works with the project managers to complete and update project documentation and deliverables and attends project meetings.
- Provides expert input and best practice guidance on areas of subject matter expertise.
- Special projects as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in business, finance, or similar; equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 5-9 years’ experience in Analyzing requirements, working with business to conceptualize Business Intelligence needs and define IT solutions
- Must have proven track record in technology delivery, data governance and client services
- Experience interacting with management, presenting, and acting in a professional manner
- Experience creating Tableau dashboards preferred
- Ability to translate business problems into requirements, process changes, test cases, data mapping, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Capacity for advanced problem solving and critical thinking
- Proficient in MS Office applications, experience with MS Project or equivalent an advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge in Microsoft Excel, including but not limited to data transformation, functions/expressions, VBA, Macros
- Strong logical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL coding language
- Familiarity with business cycles, both fiscal and calendar
- Competent in creating complex queries involving multiple-table joins, union, sub-queries, CTE, temporary tables, outer apply/cross apply
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail
- Self-directed and able to flourish in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with marketing automation and web analytics software packages
- Overtime work may be required throughout the year.
- Shifts and/or schedules may change throughout the year as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to sixty (60) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate / satellite office role
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.