Marketing Project Manager IIIMarketing Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Reporting to Director of Project Management, the Project Manager III is a key leader and driver of high level and increasingly complex projects for the Marketing and Sales departments. The PM III leads the overall project management framework to ensure consistency with company and/or department strategy and goals. This senior role works on mission critical projects involving advanced technologies and initiatives that impact not only IT, but also an array of departments and teams. The PM III is the lead contact with operational leaders and their staff to determine process and system needs, which includes leading, managing and implementing re-engineering processes with a focus on continuous improvement. The PM III will create and provide leadership direction for processes from origination to completion, and define the technical and functional requirements as well as lead project planning. The SPM role will focus on the overall effectiveness of the team’s process management processes, which may include integration with various Web/print/video/content teams, as well as within the Customer Relationship Management (e. g. SalesForce or similar front end), and the project management system of record (Asana).
- Leads one or more project teams from origination to completion in multiple disciplines – e. g. Web, mobile, advanced integration of platforms
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing business needs
- Mentors Marketing and Sales Project manager(s); may manage one or more direct reports
- Analyzes project management processes, and provides recommendations for improvements
- Creates and deliverables reporting for various facets of the project management process for senior/executive management
- Identifies and reports risks and potential project delays to management
- Serves as lead project contact in the event of Director absence
- Works closely with the applicable department(s) (e. g. IT, Servicing, etc.) to manage department projects and deliverables
- Documents business requirements and process flows for various projects
- Works with IT security, Compliance and the VMO office to ensure company guidelines are met
- Uses software, analytical tools and techniques, business process knowledge and general common sense to analyze business problems and to formulate solutions.
- Prepares Cost-Benefit analyses and business cases to support new project proposals.
- Meets with business owners to define requirements for request submitted
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of project and scope
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Tracks project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Constantly monitors and reports on the progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Manages the internal and external communication strategy for various initiatives to ensure all impact parties are aware of new products, processes, etc. Other Functions
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required; equivalent education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Five (5) or more years experience in Project Management, Project Management or Business Analyst experience required.
- Experience with SalesForce or similar CRM system and internal SC systems, a strong plus
- Experience with SCRUM, Agile or other related methodologies, plus
- Solid technical understanding coupled with ability to learn new tools and technology quickly
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business and technical environment with experience with change management
- Some travel for short periods may be required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role. Employer’s Rights This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.