Motion Graphics DesignerMarketing Dallas, Texas
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is a self-starter that is able to create informational and engaging video and motion graphics – taking a project from conception to completion.
- Is comfortable with all levels of multimedia/video production, including storyboarding, editing, visual design principles (typography, composition, color, etc.), post-production, video compression techniques, file size optimization for various formats and is also able to deftly manage feedback from multiple stakeholders along the way while meeting aggressive deadlines.
- Has a proven track record in corporate or agency video production, animation, graphic design, and illustration.
- Possesses creative flair, versatility, knowledge of current trends in design and video, and is willing to go beyond a job description and jump in where needed.
- Design, create, build, and animate graphics that can either stand-alone or be incorporated with other video/ film footage.
- Non-linear editing of video segments covering a wide variety of topics for various clients.
- Collaborate with creative team in the process of developing creative storylines and executing video ideas.
- Serves as the lead for motion graphics, special effects for digital post-production projects using non-linear editing systems in a file-based, tapeless, shared-storage environment.
- Storyboarding/ key framing and style frame ideas as part of creative development before motion graphics production begins while ensuring project adheres to specifications of script and brand guidelines.
- Motion related tasks include, but are not limited to, full virtual environment build, 3D graphics, compositing, animation, motion tracking, UI prototypes, title sequences, color keying, and rotoscoping.
- Encodes final video projects to web ready specs and works with the web team to upload files to the proper places online.
- Proper archiving of project once all deliverables have been created.
- Special projects as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to carry equipment weighing more than 30 pounds for extended periods of time.
- May be required to transport and assemble video and audio equipment on location.
- BS or BA in digital arts, graphic design, video production, or relevant work experience/ related field.
- 5-9 years of concept-to-completion professional motion graphics animation experience in a broadcast or corporate video production and communication environment, with increasing levels of responsibility.
- High level of experience with After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Knowledge of 3D Programs (Element 3D, Maya, Video Co-Pilot, Trapcode a plus)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be proficient in visual storytelling as well as a strong understanding of how to merge script and story with design.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (30) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.