Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the orderly operation of all SC networks; provides technical support and maintenance for all network systems for all Santander sites. This position is an ‘on-call’ position in an environment that operates on a 24 x 7 basis. The incumbent will be expected to be available to work extended hours to accomplish critical tasks essential to the continuance of uninterrupted operations of the department.
- Designs, documents, implements, and supports a mid-sized, sophisticated, and secure enterprise network environment, consisting of multiple branch offices, call centers, data centers, B2B and B2C connectivity.
- Leads network project related activities and participates in other IT projects with network related tasks.
- Mentors junior network engineers to improve their skillset and capabilities.
- Provides the third+ tier support for all facets of the network; e. g. VoIP, wireless, firewall, load-balancers, routers, switches, MPLS, QoS, security, and other network environment issues.
- Effectively engages and escalates with third-party vendors as needed to address problems within the network environment.
- Delivers timely and deliberate engagement during major system outage events, using good communication skills, good decision skills, and documentation skills needed to produce an effective return-to-service and an actionable root-cause-analysis to minimize/avoid future problems.
- Develops, documents, and executes maintenance procedures to ensure system uptime and to be pro-active in finding potential problems.
- Provides oversight for moves, adds, and changes of all users at the environment.
- Understands and champions networking and IT procedural best practices, like change management and problem resolution as described in standards like ITIL and/or COBIT.
- Accountable for IT asset management, inventory and disposal in accordance with Santander standards.
- Able and willing to effectively learn and leverage new technologies as needed.
- Troubleshooting network hardware and solutions including but not limited to Cisco switches, VPN’s, firewalls, and F5 load-balancers.
- On-call/after-hour availability to support end users on an as needed basis.
- Design, Installation, and Documentation
- Performing ongoing research to ensure that Santander benefits from technological advances that are relevant to Santander’s business.
- Ensure that Santander’s systems environment is secure and that all industry and regulatory best practice steps have been taken to protect Santander, its hardware, software and data from unauthorized access and use.
- Design, Document, configuration, and installation of new technology into Santander environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Special projects as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certification/Registration: Cisco CCNP, CCIE, or years of experiences demonstrating the highest level of engineering
- Eight plus (8+) years supporting and maintaining Cisco hardware; layer 3 switches, Nexus, 6500’s.
- Eight plus (8+) years TCP/IP networking experience, support of internet services and applications.
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP
- A strong understanding of telephony, specifically, EIGRP, BGP, MPLS, ASA, and ASR configurations
- Project management, must be self-driven, organized and motivated to complete project work, as an individual member of a cohesive team.
- Excellent problem solving/diagnostic skills Cisco Nexus, Cisco switches, VPN, firewalls, WAN, LAN, and F5 load-balancer.
- Strong oral and written communications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Ability to work flexible hours and be on-call
- Ability to travel to other facilities as needed