Paralegal IILegal Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Paralegal II will provide support and assistance to the Legal and Compliance Department, other business units, and attorney(s) with management of corporate legal matters, litigation, escalated non-litigation matters, other claims, and projects related to risk mitigation and litigation awareness throughout the company.
- Assist with the management, creation, organization, and maintenance of all corporate and other departments related matters.
- Provide effective communication with outside counsel to assign, maintain, and update various corporate and other department related matters.
- Coordinate with internal and external business units to improve existing systems and policies and procedures.
- Work with internal and external business units to obtain documents and necessary business information relevant to corporate matters or legal demands.
- Assist management with recognition of legal risks to ensure the Company’s interests are protected and to minimize exposure.
- Ability to negotiate and provide dispute resolution with third parties.
- Ability to draft, review, and execute legal and other business related documents.
- Compile and organize information and documents as needed to support investigations and outside counsel assignments.
- Maintain hard copy files as well as electronic files for tracking investigations and corporate documents.
- Review and negotiate contracts as needed.
- Ability to identify risks and opportunities.
- Perform legal research, create reports and trend analysis.
- Assist with projects of other team members, business units, and outside counsel.
- Assist with managing and provide support to resolve corporate and business related matters.
- Ensure business satisfaction (e. g. , General Counsel, Business Managers, and Business Client) with timeliness and completeness of requested support.
- Participates in department meetings and team related activities.
- Complete special projects as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Travel as needed for corporate matters.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, or the equivalent substantive knowledge and relevant work experience as a paralegal.
- Minimum five (5) years as a corporate paralegal, litigation manager, or equivalent experience in a law firm or corporate office environment.
- Paralegal certificate or equivalent certification preferred.
- Work effectively as a team member, maintaining positive, cordial relationships with co-workers.
- Legal experience and working knowledge of the legal processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Proficient with Lexis-Nexis, Westlaw, PACER, Complisource, and other legal research sites.
- Meet deadlines associated with objectives and projects.
- Ability to understand and interpret legal documents.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the Company’s internal and personnel affairs.
- Balance multiple tasks and effectively prioritize workload in a fast pace work environment.
- Overtime work may be required throughout the year.
- Shifts and/or schedules may change throughout the year as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.