Payroll AdministratorHuman Resources Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Payroll Administrator maintains and updates payroll records in accordance with governmental regulations and internal policies, including all payroll actions from new hire to termination. S/he provides well-analyzed and defined recommendations on process improvements related to payroll processes and procedures. The incumbent also reviews and generates audit reports to ensure the department stays compliant.
- Calculates and processes biweekly and semi-monthly payroll for new hires, leaves of absence and terminated employees, as well as, manual adjustments to record accurate gross wage and tax information for W2 generation.
- Monitors payroll data integrity from HR system to ensure accurate payroll processing including retroactive salary adjustments, paid time off calculations and appropriate updates to pay related to standard hour changes
- Oversees and participates in pre- and post-payroll auditing procedures and troubleshoots issues and implements corrective actions that eliminate the root cause of issues.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant state and federal payroll regulations regarding pay practices.
- Manages Time and Attendance records for employees and facilitates processing of biweekly hours worked and exception reporting.
- Champions continuous improvement efforts including business process optimization.
- Trouble-shoots and advises on concerns that have been escalated from the business.
- Identifies areas of opportunity for process improvement through interviews/analysis and implements those process improvements.
- High School diploma; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
3-5 years of experience with HCM, payroll and timekeeping applications
WorkDay payroll experience strongly desired
- Overtime work may be required throughout the year.
- Shifts and/or schedules may change throughout the year as dictated by management and business needs.