Product Manager IIIOperations Support Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Product Manager III will support the front line operations for a given line of business with all process and system defects and be responsible for ensuring these defects are resolved in a timely manner while ensuring the status of these are communicated to the business. The Product Manager III shall be responsible for recommending, supporting, and implementing departmental projects to assist in management of daily activities and business enhancement for Operations. The Product Manager III acts as a liaison between the business operations and IT department and become a subject matter expert for the systems and processes supporting the business and brings issues to final resolution.
- Represents the Products Management team and acts as a liaison between business and technical staff at all levels
- Solicits information regarding operational processes through interviews, document analysis, case scenarios, business process descriptions, task and workflow analysis
- Exhibits an advanced understanding of the systems supported by the team
- Collaborates and coordinates with operations and other departments to outline and document detailed project plans that define key activities, timelines and resource requirements
- Evaluates and analyzes information gathered from document analysis, business process descriptions, case scenarios, and task and workflow analysis for conflicts with the goal to improve efficiencies.
- Supports clients with requirements definition, project definition, and project planning
- Ensures project standards, methodology and best practices are followed and consistently applied
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with business managers, subject matter experts and IT personnel.
- Performs smoke screen testing prior to releasing to the business for UAT as dictated by management and/or project needs
- Conducts User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and/or facilitates demos as dictated by management and/or project needs.
- Works with the business and IT to manage issues as they arise. Ensure there is appropriate tracking and reporting on issues and resolution.
- Handles increasingly complex projects independently
- Makes and gives informed decisions to IT/peers/team/management on project related questions and issues
- Develops documentation for the training department to support system enhancements and/or fixes.
- Performs all duties if assigned as a workstream lead for an enterprise program.
- Promotes an environment of teamwork and professionalism. Other Functions
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant operations experience in the financial services industry preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in business process analysis, project management or process management required.
- Relevant financial services industries experience preferred.
- Ability to coordinate and execute large and complex projects.
- Demonstrated application of problem solving.
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Microsoft Suite products.
- Advanced knowledge of and skill in SQL.
- Basic knowledge of and skill in MS Visio.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to successfully influence across the organization including Senior level management.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience to manage competing task and priorities.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business and technical environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate ability to manage competing tasks and priorities which include meeting deadlines and established timelines.
- Time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role. Employer’s Rights This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer