Product Manager IIOperations Support Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Product Manager II will support the front line operations for a given line of business with all process and system defects and be responsible for ensuring these defects are resolved in a timely manner while ensuring the status updates are communicated to the business. The Product Manager II shall be responsible for recommending, supporting, and implementing departmental projects to assist in management of daily activities and business enhancement for Operations. The Product Manager II acts as a liaison between the business operations and IT department and is expected to become a subject matter expert for the systems and processes supporting the business and bring issues to final resolution.
- Represents the Products Management team and acts as a liaison between business and technical staff at all levels
- Solicits information regarding operational processes through interviews, document analysis, case scenarios, business process descriptions, task and workflow analysis
- Exhibits an advanced understanding of the systems supported by the team
- Collaborates and coordinates with operations and other departments to outline and document detailed project plans that define key activities, timelines and resource requirements
- Evaluates and analyzes information gathered from document analysis, business process descriptions, case scenarios, and task and workflow analysis for conflicts with the goal to improve efficiencies and meet requirements needs
- Supports clients with requirements definition, project definition, and project planning
- Ensures project standards, methodology and best practices are followed and consistently applied
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with business managers, subject matter experts and IT personnel.
- Performs smoke screen testing prior to releasing to the business for UAT as dictated by management and/or project needs
- Conducts User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and/or facilitates demos as dictated by management and/or project needs.
- Works with the business and IT to manage issues as they arise. Ensure there is appropriate tracking and reporting on issues and resolution.
- Exhibits basic technical knowledge and be able to effectively communicate technical requirements to the team
- Develops documentation for the training department to support system enhancements and/or fixes.
- Supports workstream leads for assigned enterprise programs.
- Promotes an environment of teamwork and professionalism.
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of four (4) years relevant operations experience in the financial services industry preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in business process analysis, project management or process management required.
- Relevant financial services industry experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and skill in MicroSoft Suite products.
- Basic knowledge of and skill in MS Visio and SQL.
- Demonstrated application of problem solving.
- Time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to successfully influence across the organization including Senior level management.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business and technical environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate ability to manage competing tasks and priorities which include meeting deadlines and established timelines.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.