Project Manager IIBusiness Control Office Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Project Manager II is responsible for managing multiple projects assigned from initiation to completion and post project follow-up. Take concepts and wish-lists from clients and work these through to project proposals, full projects and then to post-project reviews. The Project Manager II will work closely with other members of the Project Management Office and clients to develop a full understanding of the client’s needs, wants and expectations. The Project Manager II will be the first point of contact for the client with the IT department, and will be responsible for managing the client’s expectations as far as delivery from Information Technology is concerned. He/she will prepare full project proposals, cost-benefit analyses, Use Cases where appropriate, and project life cycle documentation. This will include regular update reports for use within internal and external reporting frameworks. He/she will be required to demonstrate cost tracking and reporting for projects, and benefits tracking post implementation. Provide support and trouble-shooting expertise; testing and certifying integrity of business solutions; while working within the framework of a small Project Management Office team.
- Ensures project standards, methodology and best practices are followed and consistently applied.
- Manages project teams and related implementation activities through all project phases.
- Resolves project issues and mitigates project risks.
- Manages project scope, budgets and change control process.
- Develops detailed project plans that define key activities, timelines and resource requirements.
- Supports clients with requirements definition, project definition, and project planning.
- Assists with analysis, design, testing, system documentation and user training.
- Maintains relationships with key business and IT stakeholders and manages expectations.
- Analyzes outside vendor products.
- Develops initial business case, cost benefit analysis and project implementation strategies.
- Provides periodic status reports to senior management.
- Develops and maintains a detailed understanding of business processes and applications, customer needs and priorities.
- Develops and maintains knowledge in business process modeling and business analysis tools.
- Documents System and Client Acceptance Test plans.
- Prepares test cases, test procedures and expected results.
- Coordinates appropriate client involvement in testing.
- Develops training documentation for new, existing and enhanced applications.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- May assist in other related departments as required by business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Minimum two (2) to four (4) years’ experience in business process analysis, project management, or systems development life cycle
- Financial services and auto finance industry experience required as well as experience of working within a PMO environment
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business and technical environment
- Expertise using Microsoft Project and associated Microsoft Office software is essential
- Ability to maintain confidentiality. Preferences:
- PMP certification preferred or in certification training
- Experience working as the liaison to outsourcing partners is beneficial.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
Employer’s Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.