QA AnalystRisk Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Consumer Risk Quality Assurance (QA) Credit Analyst is responsible for oversight and testing of the Underwriting function to ensure adherence to credit policy, risk appetite and regulatory guidance. The program operates in the second line of defense and requires the full re-evaluation of sampled loans with issues tracked and communicated to executive management. This position requires strong, collaborative, and cross functional partnerships to ensure that identified deficiencies are remediated in a timely manner.
- Evaluate sampled loans leveraging both randomized and targeted techniques.
- Loan level reviews include, but are not limited to, recalculation of qualifying income and general conformance to Credit policy.
- On-going input into the design and maintenance of the QA Program in order to ensure underwritten loans conform to credit policy, risk appetite and regulatory guidance.
- Perform independent reviews and testing of first line of defense control environment including QA programs to ensure proper controls exist to identify and control risk taking within the underwriting function
- Periodically review underwriting procedures to test for accurate representation of credit policy and intended execution of strategies designed by the 2nd line of defense credit risk organization
- Prepare executive summary of findings with recommended corrective actions, challenge 1st line of defense corrective action plans and monitor execution of corrective action plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or Economics or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required
- A minimum of seven (7) years within consumer or commercial banking risk management
- Flexible & adaptable to competing and changing priorities
- Strong technical skills with proficiency in MS Office suite, SQL, SAS
- Strong working knowledge / industry expertise of regulatory matters related to consumer lending
- Strong working knowledge of Consumer Loan policies and procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, understanding/competency in regulatory matters and compliance, preferably concentrated in retail credit risk functions, retail loan review, regulatory environment or consumer lending
- Technically proficient, execution focused, with strong business acumen
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate / satellite office role
Employer’s Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.