Sr. Specialist, Business Intelligence and ReportingOperations Support Dallas, Texas
Job Family: Product Development & Management
Researches, develops and implements competitive pricing programs and/or banking products and services for various lines of business to appropriately price based on risk, deposit, or credit goals while maintaining profitability. Continuously monitors the market and competitor strategies to ensure pricing is in line to provide consumers and/or clients a fair price while maintaining market share and/or deposit levels. Plans, directs and facilitates all phases of the pricing strategy changes from inception through introduction into the marketplace. Ensures products meet regulatory and industry standards.
Job Function: Product Management
Oversees all activities and functions associated with products or product lines at all stages of their lifecycles. Gathers user requirements to provide product strategy and prepares product trainings for salespeople. Interfaces with and collaborates across functions and stakeholders (e.g., marketing and sales) to ensure successful product development and implementation. Develops pricing and distribution strategies. Plans product direction and evolution.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Sr. Specialist, Business Intelligence & Reporting is responsible for supporting the enhancements of products and services to improve business value and service quality according to business needs and industry best practices.
- Identifies inefficient business processes and drives improvements to maximize efficiency.
- Monitors BI system to ensure proper performance and data integrity; identifies issues and works closely with the technical support team to provide appropriate solutions.
- Supports and maintains the BI architecture by understanding the interaction of business processes with data entities/elements and ensures the integrity of the BI system.
- Participates as a member of key cross-functional working groups related to data quality, metadata, and the Company’s Data
- Governance representing the data domain, if required.
- Determines official sources of data in scope.
- Provides input into domain data budget, including defining annual budget for data-related initiatives, managing budget allocation and tracking budget utilization.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Identifies need for changes in metadata within domain. Implement changes to business definitions.
- Complies with all organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education –
- Bachelor’s Degree: in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent discipline.
- or equivalent work experience
- Experience –
- 3-5 years Data/ research/ analytics at a financial institution.
Strong knowledge and practical experience using Microsoft Excel, Access, VBA and SQL.
Knowledge of data management best practices.
Demonstrated experience preferred in monitoring and/or escalating data quality issues until resolution.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Ability to effectively handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
Ability to focus on details to ensure and maintain data accuracy.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.