Quality Engineer IIInformation Technology Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Quality Engineer III participates in the development and implementation of procedures for maintaining and or enhancing the integrity of Santander’s system application. Ensuring the existence of development and service standards. Ensuring that requirements are clearly defined and testable. Responsible for the creation and execution of detailed test plans and scripts to verify software functionality and adherence to business requirements. Execution of scripts will include reporting, defect tracking and risk assessments. This resource will respond and resolve issues beyond standard management requests as well as using independent judgment to make decisions where no clear precedents exist.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reports on their testing strategy
- Plans, coordinates and reports on their testing activities
- Enters defect data as well as manages and monitors tracking tools
- Ensures that the software under test conforms to the specified functionality
- Applies your testing experience to validate complex .Net and Web applications
- Manages the creation and execution of their manual testing program
- Performs testing on multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred , equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience with Testing tools Experienced using SQL
- Experience developing test metrics and reports
- Experience with Automated Testing
- Five (5)+ years of Testing experience in a Software Development Lifecycle environment preferred
- Five (5)+ years of Requirements gathering and documentation preferred
- Five (5)+ years of Training documentation experience preferred
- Five (5)+ years implementing New Processes within an SDLC environment preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Preferred experience in Financial services
- Agile testing experience preferred
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
- May assist in other related departments as required by business needs
- Extended working hours may be required by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.