Records Management Office AssociateOperations Support Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Associate position is to establish a Records Management Office for Santander Consumer, and will assist in the application of management policies, procedures and techniques, including filing system oversight, onsite and offsite records storage oversight and control, and retrieval/disposition activities. Primary roles will include establishing and maintain program oversight and execution quality across multiple departments within the company, as well as responsibility for designing processes to properly comply with all regulatory requirements for records management.
- Initiates, leads and/or supports projects that have a high level of complexity and visibility/impact across the organization.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of overall business functions with in-depth knowledge of specific areas/functions and related activities.
- Provides expertise in development of business goals and objectives to exploit all distribution channels, leverage use of data, and simplify processes.
- Serves as focal point for external agencies/service providers regarding daily operational activities or proposed strategic changes to the services being performed.
- Provides operational support on current processes and supports business operations and management in identifying opportunities and solutions to meet current and future business needs.
- Organizes and defines parameters of assigned projects and assembles relevant data for said project(s).
- Validates information and interfaces with other departments to include presentations of documented findings, alternatives and recommended actions.
- Represents the business as the subject matter expert on special projects and initiatives, as necessary.
- Participates in the planning, research, analysis, development, and implementation of new and modifications to existing applications and processes to provide new or improved capabilities, products, and/or services.
- Maintains broad system knowledge, stays current on all system enhancements, identifies training needs and implements plans.
- Assists with the documentation of new and revised departmental procedures.
- Gathers information, analyzes data and trends, identifies root causes, and develops work products.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Performs research, analysis, and resolution of account issues through the use of reports.
- Reviews, validates, and/or analyzes reports that function as a control to existing processes.
- Generates and/or develops regulatory and management reports.
- Develops and analyzes additional ad-hoc reports as needed by Management and or Regulatory Agencies.
- Special projects as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- 5-9 years relevant business planning, project and financial experience.
- Experience in one or a combination of the following: administrative support, project management, implementation, business operations or strategic planning in financial services.
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership.
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department
- Ability to determine and report priorities/metrics to senior management
- Ability to manage multiple small to medium sized projects simultaneously
- Ability to research, analyze, document, and present organizational metrics that drive business decisions
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of banking industry: products, services, operational policies, and procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Weight (lbs):
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Weight (lbs): Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- Weight (lbs):
- Corporate / satellite office role
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.