Regional Credit ManagerOriginations Dallas, Texas
Job Family: Business Operations
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company’s business units. Aims to deliver superior service to clients by driving and optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of people, processes and technology thereby enhancing financial performance, increasing investment capacity, and managing risk. Builds the sustainable repeatable capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of service and execution. Analyzes and reviews data tools, business processes and operational standards to execute service delivery. Evaluates and ensures that operations meet company objectives, business needs, service agreements and relevant requirements. Researches and monitors external landscape to identify developments and translate them into operational implications for the company.
Job Function: Auto Loan & Lease Originations
Accountable for the management of the Consumer Loan and Lease Originations process from application review through funding. Ensures adherence to internal policy and external regulations. Supports respectful applicant and dealer experiences throughout originations process.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Manager, Credit responsible for the overall performance of their assigned domain and for the direct day-to-day management of the Credit Analysts within that region.The incumbent is responsible for reviewing and assessing Credit Analysts’ performance on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis versus given goals, training and development, enforcing corporate policies, and fostering a positive and productive workplace environment.
- Supervises, trains, and develops Credit Team in building relationships to increase production while maintaining quality.
- Creates and enforces team schedule to ensure adequate coverage during working hours.
- Executes the vision and direction of the Credit Department in conjunction with the departmental vision set forth by Executive Management.
- Conducts Credit policy / Pricing exception monitoring and escalation.
- Assists in resolving issues and/or concerns escalated by dealer partner.
- Interacts with leadership of other departments to maximize efficiency.
- Communicates with management regularly regarding apparent trends.
- Evaluates and enhances workflow to implement best practices.
- Plans and organizes activity of credit buyers.
- Coordinates strategies to meet company objectives.
- Develops and manages all direct reports in line with corporate objectives.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data relative to productivity.
- Maintains a comprehensive working knowledge of all systems, policies and procedures.
- Administers disciplinary actions as required.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory policies is consistently maintained.
- Provides and promotes among Credit Analysts best in class customer service in all interaction and communication with our dealer partners and internal associates.
- Builds and cultivates relationships with both Credit Analysts and dealership personnel in order to support Santander Consumers growth targets.
- Reviews and monitors annual Credit Analyst objectives with associates to ensure proper direction and feedback is given.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manages subordinate managers and professional staff. Is responsible for the strategic guidance, development and evaluation of employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Santander’s policies and applicable laws.
- Education –
- Bachelor’s Degree: Business, Finance, Economics or equivalent field.
- or equivalent work experience: Equivalent combination of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience –
- 5-9 years Underwriting, Credit, Funding, or related experience
- Auto Finance industry experience.
- Experience in underwriting auto loans or combination of related, industry-specific experience.
- Skills & Abilities –
- Comprehensive understanding of credit bureau reports coupled with the ability to recognize positive and negative trends in credit performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook).
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance standards.
- Ability to lead and manage a team of highly skills professionals.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organizational structure, including senior leadership.
- Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances.
- Ability to present ideas and concepts in a clear and concise manner to management.
- Ability to foster and embed a strong risk culture.
- Ability to build and foster internal relationships.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Detail orientated with the ability to also understand overall strategy.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.