Remarketing Title SpecialistCustomer Service North Richland Hills, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Remarketing Title Specialist shall be responsible for the accurate and efficient processing of vehicle titles by verifying title information is correct, maintaining knowledge of current state regulations and interacting with customers and auction companies, ensuring Santander Consumer USA’s (SC USA) titles are perfected in a timely manner and according to company guidelines.
- Processes/re-assigns titles for vehicles sold by the auction
- Examines vehicle title for accuracy and conformity to specified requirements
- Verifies acceptance of the title in the state for which it is filed; confirm accurate title VIN, odometer reading, releases of lien, etc.
- Determines negotiability of title document and assesses for potential fraud. Reports any title discrepancies
- Resolves titling issues through interaction with customers, dealers and regulatory agencies.
- Maintains knowledge of current DMV laws and regulations as they relate to vehicle titles for each state
- Receives and routes telephone calls in a courteous and efficient manner to the appropriate personnel or department.
- Takes roll-over calls from the Call Center
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Degree required
- Two(2) years of auto financial title experience preferred (DMV’s, auctions, Banking/Finance institutions); prior experience in Titles/Funding strongly desired.
- Maintain understanding of loss prevention and collection policies and procedures and be familiar with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while accepting high call volume during peek business hours.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Overtime work may be required throughout the year
- Shifts and/or schedules may change throughout the year as dictated by management and business needs
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.