Representative Recovery and ReinstatementOperations Support North Richland Hills, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Impound Representative I is responsible Impound Account Management, Resolution, and ensuring no vehicles are lost to unintended lien sale. When a vehicle has been impounded or seized, the Impound Representative I contacts the customer to determine intention, collects past due and impound fee amounts, negotiates rates with Impound/Repair lots to obtain lower storage charges, and ensures all state laws and policies are followed throughout the process. In circumstances involving police or insurance involvement, all relevant issues including return restrictions, documentation requirements, and insurance invoicing are managed throughout completion.
- Mitigating loss and tracking of impounded vehicles by ensuring proper addressing of any risk and demonstrating effective skip tracing techniques when necessary
- Responsible for managing a portfolio consisting of Impounded Collateral accounts that are 0 to 120+ days delinquent
- Assess the level of risk associated with each stored vehicle to determine an appropriate course of action.
- Contacting customers to determine their intent with the impounded/stored collateral and collecting payments as required
- Resolve complex impound scenarios including police impounds, complex insurance invoices related to repair liens or regarding two party liable repair checks
- Coordinate vehicle recovery working with Third Party Vendors, Impound Lots, Repair Shops, and Law Enforcement within approved thresholds
- Review charges assessed by Impound Lots and Repair shops to ensure compliance with state and local laws
- Negotiate associated fees/costs to secure collateral to maximize company Positive Net Recovery
- Decision accounts on company’s behalf to either repossess or abandon Impounded vehicles by evaluating the value of the collateral vs. any storage/repair/repossession fees
- Preparation of repossession documents required by multi-state municipalities for vehicle recovery
- Communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Service Inbound calls in accordance with Quality Assurance requirements
- Communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers
- Handles escalated Customer/Impound related calls routed from other departments
- Properly document all account activity in system of record
- Utilize several internal/external business applications and technology to perform routine line of business of activities
- Research and resolve complex customer accounts while adhering to department policies and procedures, as well as Fair Debt Collection Practices Act guidelines.
- Maintains losses at or below established guidelines for assigned job duties
- Special projects as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum six months of account management, loan servicing, customer service, or collections experience or equivalent education/training required.
- Previous Impounds, Account/Portfolio management, customer service, or collections experience desired.
- Must have the ability to work in a production/quality based and multi tasked team environment
- Excellent communicator with strong Interpersonal skills necessary to promote a cooperative team environment, provide good customer service, and strong negotiation skills
- Excellent problem solving, planning, organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations in order to perform duties described above
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Word
- Accurate typing and data entry skills
- Previous experience or background in automotive financial services a plus
- Overtime work may be required throughout the year
- Shifts and/or schedules may change throughout the year as dictated by management and business needs
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role Employer’s Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.