Sales and Marketing Risk and Controls ManagerMarketing Dallas, Texas
The The Sales and Marketing Risk and Controls Manager operates within the First Line of Defense to execute the Enterprise Risk Framework – ensuring compliance with Regulations, Heightened Standards, and Corporate Policy. The Sr. Associate will help champion the Business Control mandate acting as a critical partner guiding stakeholders to embed risk management practices in the 1st line. This person serves as a subject matter expert by advising and guiding enterprise wide initiative such as risk assessments, KPI development, remediation of issues. Evaluations require collaboration with various stakeholders while influencing parties towards strategic goals. May manage a small team in these efforts.
- Recognized as a subject matter expert by advising and guiding enterprise wide initiative such as risk assessments, KPI development, remediation of issues.
- Drives projects to implement the necessary changes to policy, procedures and processes in order to align the Business Unit(s) to the organization’s OCC’s practice standards.
- Analyzes, evaluates and provides strategic guidance and direction for programs, policies and procedures to ensure alignment with regulatory requirements and acceptable risk mitigation practices.
- Acts as a liaison with Risk and Compliance or second line of defense- to develop and implement new policy requests/revisions, to complete all line of business related risk assessments, risk mandates, continuity plans, resolution plans and execution.
- Provides advisory support for regulatory examinations and audits by defining the how and why for all implemented decisions; ensures all requested documentation is provided.
- Supports Business Unit team members in the resolution of Risk related issues.
- Develops and implements appropriate controls and procedures reflecting the standards set forth in the policies and Regulations while accounting for risks inherent in the.products, services, types of customers, locations of customers, and functions of the Business Unit.
- Develops, implements and monitors compliance program and controls for the assigned area. Identifies gaps in controls, proposes solutions, and implements corrective actions.
- Reports to management on regulatory developments and risks/issues identified within assigned Compliance area. Regularly provides reports to Retail Risk and Compliance Director on progress.
- Effectively partners with line of business to solicit information and to mitigate risk.
- Manages complex process evaluations across single or varied line of business.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education –
- Bachelor’s Degree: Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field.
- or equivalent work experience
- Master’s Degree: Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field.
- Experience –
- Auto industry experience required
- 9-12 years Risk Management, Internal Controls, Auditing, Credit Management, relevant line of business experience and/or legal or regulatory experience.
- 5-9 years 5-10 years experience in the Business Unit.
- Solid knowledge regarding the following regulations: FDCPA, GLBA, UDAAP, FCRA and FACTA, Global Privacy, ECOA (Reg B), TILA (Reg Z), FTC Credit Rules, E-Sign, Can-Spam
- Skills & Abilities –
- Demonstrated experience executing risk projects across multiple business lines offering a wide variety of financial services products and services.
- Advanced knowledge of the financial services sector, particularly with the competitive dynamics and products in retail banking and risk management.
- Demonstrated thought leadership and application of operational risk identification and mitigation practices and procedures.
- Advanced understanding of the regulatory environment and how the risks of the products and services the bank offers are viewed by the Second Line of Defense and regulators.
- Demonstrated judgement in escalation, ensuring risk-based clear line of sight for senior executives into existing and emerging issues/incidents.
- Ability to build credibility with, collaborate with, and influence line of business executives.
- Excellent analytical and complex problem solving skills.
- Superior project management skills.
- Ability to constructively work both independently and in collaborative environments involving all levels of management and employees
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external service providers to establish resource requirements, scheduling, assignments and service levels.
- Ability to anticipate the impact of regulatory and other environmental factors and proactively take action to ensure the team/function/enterprise is prepared.
- Ability to build internal and external networks of information resources within the risk management ecosystem.
- Strong understanding of BSA/AML and OFAC regulations, regulatory expectations and industry leading practices.
- Ability to work with limited oversight from manager.
- In depth research and analysis skills for more complex and critical data, interpret and communicate industry trends.
- Licenses & Certifications –
- Other Risk Certification
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.