Sales Marketing Risk and Controls ManagerMarketing Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Sales and Marketing Risk and Controls Manager supports implementation and execution of enterprise, operational and material risk controls, and internal and external audits to ensure alignment with SC compliance policy standards and local and federal regulatory requirements as it relates to the Sales and Marketing Departments. As a member of the Sales and Marketing Risk and Compliance team, and a direct report of the Director Sales and Marketing Compliance, the Sales and Marketing Risk and Operations Manager will work closely with all areas of the SC Compliance, Risk, and Legal teams and will be responsible for providing assurance that Sales and Marketing are consistently applying best-practice and mitigating risk.
The Sales and Marketing Risk and Operations Manager shall be responsible for the daily management and follow up on audit request, testing of controls, vendor oversight and assist sales and marketing team with all new initiatives to ensure that all new initiatives are compliant.
- Manage Marketing and Sales testing and establishment of controls for compliance programs, process, training, adherence and effectiveness.
- Quality Control (QC) testing, with respect to operational, material, and enterprise risks and maintaining of related reporting
- Perform ad hoc reviews of sales and marketing ensuring controls are operating as intended as well as working and remediate any control deficiencies.
- Ensure adherence and mitigate risk of marketing materials and direct lending operations to regulations that impact sales and marketing department, these include, but not limited to:
- FCRA and FACTA
- ECOA (Reg. B)
- TILA (Reg. Z)
- Reg. M
- Manage the implemented controls, reporting, procedures and processes for sales and marketing projects and initiatives that have legal and compliance risks, to ensure that all with legal and compliance teams to protect the company.
- Work with Legal and Compliance on identified regulatory risks or impending legislation that may have impact on the monitoring plan.
- Manage the monitoring and auditing programs for Sales and Marketing to reduce risks to brand, legal, reputation and compliance.
- Manage and coordinate with legal and compliance on internal Sales and Marketing risk assessments and investigations.
- Manage the business continuity plans for Marketing and Sales
- Manage the allocation of expenses for the Marketing and Sales cost centers
- Manage vendor relationships for Sales and Marketing, including cost analysis, contract negotiation, contract renewals, etc.
- Maintaining strict ethical, legal adherence and confidentiality at all times.
- Coordinating and managing investigations – reporting findings, overseeing corrective action to be taken.
- Ability to identify and communicate findings with the business and obtain occurrence of the findings.
- Participate in regular meetings to develop and improve organizational priorities as needed.
- Provides leadership and specialist knowledge to examiners on Compliance and Risk matters to ensure a culture of compliance.
- Identifies and documents gaps and corrective action plans where applicable.
- Coordinate Risk training and communications in Sales and Marketing to support a consistent and relevant culture of compliance.
- Completes special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Five plus (5+) years of experience in one or more of the following: Auto Finance, Risk management, compliance, business continuity, operational or vendor risk.
- Deep understanding of financial services regulatory requirements and current regulatory developments (e.g. CFPB)
- Certified as a Consumer Credit Compliance Professional (or willingness to become certified) and to maintain certification with continuing education and/or additional certifications
- Experience and ability to manage requests and/or collect relevant information, identify potential exposures/gaps, summarize conclusions, construct recommendations, present recommendations, collaborate and evaluate control results
- Experience and ability to execute an enterprise-wide compliance reporting program
- Experience effectively communicating and driving change
- MS Office; Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills; strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Effective management, organization, and leadership skills
- Individual in this position must be a self-starter and strategic thinker, and must have the ability to manage projects, influence without authority and effectively collaborate with legal, compliance and across all lines of business
- Strong project management experience
- Experience working with general counsel in obtaining legal interpretation and implementation preferred
- Experience working with internal compliance, legal and risk in obtaining interpretation and implementation preferred
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel up to 10% may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.