Senior Advisor, ComplianceCompliance Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities
Support the Fair Lending and Originations programs by ensuring that an effective compliance management and corporate governance practices are established and maintained..
- Supports the strategic plans of the business; this position is responsible for the Consumer Compliance function encompassing Regulatory Risk, Fair Lending, Compliance Audit teams to ensure that policies and processes are appropriate, competitive and consistent with Management’s risk appetite.
- Responsible for reviewing, maintaining and leading the continued development and initiatives for a robust, cohesive Fair Lending and Originations compliance program (policies and procedures), risk assessment, reviews (aligned with corporate standards) and documentation of controls.
- Identify and assess compliance risk , including Fair Lending risk, primarily through partnering with business management in the development of new products, services, or processes
- Monitoring business activities to identify Fair Lending and other regulatory risks to which the organization is exposed and work with the business and other support functions to implement measures to prevent, eliminate, or mitigate those risks.
- Leading or participating in projects designed to address regulatory compliance requirements
- Provides leadership and specialist knowledge to business teams on Compliance matters to ensure a culture of compliance and partnership.
- Leads positively in the management of relationships with regulators in all relevant jurisdictions, fostering an environment of mutual trust and respect.
- Assist in the preparation and facilitation of examinations conducted by various regulatory agencies
- Develop and present training sessions for the business and other compliance associates regarding Fair Lending requirements
- Responsible for the review and documentation of complaints as it relates to Fair Lending
- Oversees SC’s adherence to applicable financial services legislation and regulations, codes of best practice, Santander US and Santander Group Policies.
- Assimilates complex regulatory matters, and provide timely advice that leads to pragmatic and viable solutions.
- Assists in drafting of new and/or revised policies and procedures
- Ensures that all tasks are carried out with a high degree of professionalism.
- Provides effective people management, including training and development, to ensure retention, nurturing and continuing professional development of our talent.
- Provides continuous motivation and development of the team, including objective setting, appraisals and training to drive performance management.
- Other duties as assigned to support the consumer compliance program
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required. JD preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) to ten (10) years’ experience working in compliance, audit or other governance functions within a large commercial and/or investment bank or in a regulatory agency, with working knowledge of consumer and commercial banking and/or capital markets products; auto-finance experience and Fair Lending experience preferred.
- Prior experience in corporate environment dealing with regulators, auditors and legal counsel is required.
- Strong foundation and business experience of regulations including Fair Lending, Reg. B, TILA, FCRA, Reg. M, and TILA as well as other consumer protection laws and State and Federal regulations.
- Knowledge of auto loan industry, preferred
- Understanding of risk assessment protocols to develop appropriate risk assessment models to quantify consumer and Fair Lending risks across the organization
- Ability to interact with all levels of management up to and including executive levels
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Superior leadership and organizational skills.
- High ethical standards; ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, collaboration, and time management skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office product (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) skills required
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate / satellite office role
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.