Senior Director, Head of AMLCompliance Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Vice President of Compliance Analytics & Reporting will be responsible for the execution of the Compliance Risk Analytics program, successful completion of Compliance Risk Assessments, management of issue and change management, and Compliance reporting including Board, SHUSA and Santander Consumer management and operating reporting.
- Define and lead an SC Customer Experience culture following the global Santander mission of Simple, Personal & Fair
- Develop and implement an effective management program across the organization to ensure compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations
- Oversee the development of an execute roadmap for metrics, data analytics and insights to support Compliance programs (these may include operational data visualization dashboards, scorecards, risk segmentation and profiling, continuous improvement opportunities and predictive modeling)
- Ensure that data and analytics are an integral part of developing policies and procedures, risk assessment and audit plans with Compliance across all Business Units
- Lead comprehensive analysis of complex issues and organizational needs to identify areas of improvement and program efficiencies
- Proactively develop, draft and recommend corporate policies, standards, and programs that will enhance the compliance regulatory programs. While also, synchronizing policy updates, creations, and deletions with Santander Holdings USA
- Ensure any trends that are not compliant are presented to the business and then validated to eliminate gaps in processes
- Communicate items that pose financial or reputational risk to SC to Enterprise Risk Management
- Strengthen internal communication between business lines that manage certain aspects of the complaints program, ensuring alignment to expectations outlined by parent company
- Develop actionable reporting and analysis of regulatory programs to add value to lines of business
- Keep abreast of, monitor, and analyze developing trends and changes in state and federal regulations and advise management regarding potential implications. Develop and implement plans to ensure timely compliance with regulatory changes including an evaluation of customer protection implications.
- Ensure policies and procedures are updated at a minimum on an annual basis, version controlled and appropriately approved
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of major business processes to identify potential compliance gaps and propose appropriate revisions for enhancements
- Lead and develop direct reports
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BA/BS Degree, in a related field, required.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of progressively working experience in compliance or legal functions within a large commercial and/or financial institution or in a regulatory agency, with a sound knowledge of consumer and commercial banking. Specific experience related to consumer protection preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of direct interaction with regulatory programs
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years leadership and management experience required.
- Effective problem solving with emphasis on full system analysis
- Self-directed work approach and the ability to quickly respond to evolving organizational needs and critical priorities.
- Proven project management skills including development of project timetables, resource oversight, supervision, and redirecting of activities as necessary.
- Excellent verbal communication including public presentations to all levels of management and employees.
- Clear and logical business writing with attention to detail and business process analysis.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, multiple priorities, and handle constructive comments from multiple levels.
- Solid understanding of the finance industry’s regulatory requirements (Fed, CFPB etc.)
- Masterful competence of MS Office; Excel, PowerPoint and Word is essential.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with ability to foster a collaborative working relationship with multiple functional areas, operational areas, and complex business lines.
- Strong team building, relationship management and project management.
- Proven ability to build network quickly, influence others, and effectively address audiences of all levels.
- Ability to travel to multiple facilities as dictated by business needs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, while working closely and building trust with management.
- Leading and mentoring all direct reports is required.
- Auto-finance experience strongly preferred
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.