Senior Manager Enterprise Risk Identification and AssessmentRisk Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Senior Manager of Enterprise Risk Identification and Assessment CCAR will be responsible for assisting in the execution of components of the SC risk management infrastructure and program as it relates to the Company’s Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) program. As part of ERM, and working jointly with SHUSA, Risk Management functions and the Business, this role will be involved in the execution and management of a comprehensive risk program, including the identification, management, monitoring, and reporting of SC’s enterprise and product risks. This includes the identification, quantification, and escalation of risks to ensure that all risk categories (i.e. , operational, strategic, compliance reputational, credit, market and liquidity) are managed in accordance with committee approved risk tolerances.
- Develop, maintain and improve the methodology to support the collection of risk assessment data and reporting and the controls to ensure high quality.
- Drive ongoing strategy to capture all of the company’s risk’s and material controls, ensuring required documentation supporting strong Risk ID and Assessment and related CCAR practices is maintained.
- Oversee and manage the collection, review and assimilation of risk assessment data and reporting into concise and meaningful reports for senior/executive management, governance committees, the Board and SHUSA.
- Perform analysis of existing process, methodology, and policies. Identify gaps and recommending enhancements.
- Implement the risk assessment and identification program for assigned business lines
- Manage the process and oversee the completion of the entity risk ID and assessment, ensuring effective completion in timely support of annual capital planning processes.
- Respond to required action items from internal or external audits or ensures that assigned team responds to corrective actions in a timely and complete manner.
- Successfully complete all mandatory training programs within set timeframes and takes appropriate actions to ensure that assigned team meets requirements.
- Stay abreast of industry news and regulatory developments pertinent to the industry to facilitate a more proactive approach to risk identification and mitigation.
- Raise awareness within SC of the importance of our approach to compliance risk management, as part of the aspiration to embed it into the Company’s culture.
- Provide ongoing feedback and support to the first line of defense to strengthen the company’s internal control environment. Provide recommendations and challenge for existing and proposed internal controls, including IT systems and processes.
- Provide expert guidance on the development of relevant policies and control documentation.
- Assess and document risk associated with new business initiatives. Prepare and review process flows and product risk assessments and gap analysis for IT systems related to the business process.
- Support the development of a methodology for determining frequency of business unit assessments.
- Assist in the development and support of an effective process to ensure that residual risk is identified timely and effectively.
- Execute an independent review of both internal and external risk events.
- Provide an independent and objective assessment of risk arising within SC. Proactively ensures the identification, assessment, measurement, mitigation and monitoring of operational, credit, compliance, market, liquidity, model, data, reputation, and strategic risk in SC.
- Identifies and escalates risks that impact CCAR (Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review)Oversight Responsibilities:
- Implement the Risk ID framework by Risk Management Areas and the business.
- Evaluate assimilation of risk assessment data and reporting reports to ensure high quality results
- Oversee the assessment process for assigned business lines by working collaboratively with Risk Managers, First Line Risk and Business Executives to ensure quality and timely delivery program deliverables. Provide the necessary guidance to ensure the risk inventory is complete, controls are effectively evaluated and risk is appropriately assessed.
- Maintain supporting documentation in compliance with internal control requirements. Other Responsibilities
- Maintain ongoing positive relationships with management throughout the organization and effectively manage and motivate the team.
- Interact with Executive Management as well as leadership of all departments to facilitate the accomplishment of company goals
- Complete reviews/projects and additional work within specified timescales and in line with departmental standards.
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out with a high degree of professionalism.
- Deal effectively with complex and sensitive issues.
- Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures applicable to their role in and takes appropriate actions to ensure that assigned team adheres accordingly.
- Actively promote a culture of risk management by encouraging team to comply with appropriate risk practices, while supporting team in fulfilling risk management responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required.
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years within consumer or commercial banking risk management, or equivalent experience, required.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of management experience
- Thorough knowledge of financial statements, accounting principles (GAAP and IFRS), Credit Policy, applicable laws and industry data sources.
- Strong understanding of banking risk management practices, Basel II and III, accounting principles (GAAP and IFRS)
- Proficiency with Visio, spreadsheets and standard computing applications (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) Dedication to information integrity and accurate reporting
- Strong leadership skills with focus on development and mentorship
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Exposure to operational. credit, market, compliance and operational risk disciplines
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, collaboration, and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to various work environments, industries, and project schedules.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Superior leadership and organizational skills. Preferences:
- Graduate Degree in a related field a plus.
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certifications a plus.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
Employer’s Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.