Summary of Responsibilities:
The SVP Modeling and Analytics is responsible for developing, implementing and performing on-going performance monitoring for a wide range of statistical models for the first line of defense with the main focus on auto lending. This position is furthermore responsible for summarizing and reporting information to a variety of internal and external clients. The SVP Modeling and Analytics for the first line of defense is expected to interact with many other departments in the interest of achieving the overall company objectives.
- Oversees the development, testing, documentation, implementation, and ongoing performance monitoring of a comprehensive suite of statistical models used for the first line of defense. This includes, but is not limited to, origination scorecards, fraud models, prepayment models, first payment default scores, loss forecasting models used for pricing, profitability models, cash flow models, recovery rate models and liquidation models, among others.
- Oversees the completion of the assigned modeling and analysis projects in accordance with established guidelines and generally-accepted mathematical modeling practices.
- Aggressively manages first line of defense models in accordance with Santander Consumer USA internal policies and U.S. Federal Reserve regulations (SR 11-07).
- Ensures first line of defense modeling projects are conducted in accordance with established company policies and generally-accepted mathematical modeling practices.
- Oversees first line of defense model inventory and identifies modeling needs and communicates them to the Head of Pricing Models and Business Analytics.
- Proactively provides detailed and comprehensive first line of defense model development information in order to facilitate independent model validation.
- Encapsulates analytic findings into executive-level summary documents to support senior management decision-making.
- Actively participates as a member of required oversight committees.
- Manages the work assignment and professional development of a team of highly-talented statisticians and business analysts.
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Economics, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, or a related quantitative field.
- Extensive knowledge with logistic and linear regression models, variable reduction techniques, hypothesis testing, non-parametric testing, design of experiments, ANOVA, CHAID analysis and other advanced data mining techniques.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience with developing, maintaining, and monitoring credit risk models.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience managing multiple direct reports.
- Ability to function in a highly visible position that involves frequent interaction with the executive team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of SAS, particularly SAS base, SAS/STAT, and PROC SQL.
- Intermediate knowledge of R.
- Demonstrated ability to use SQL and SAS to extract data from multiple data sources.
- Ability to explain the results of advanced statistical analyses to a business audience.
- Creativity and innovation required.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Adaptive to a team environment.
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Prior experience in auto finance preferred but not required.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.