Senior Vice-President, Operations GovernanceBusiness Control Office Dallas, Texas
Job Description: Support the Business Control Officer (BCO) SVP in ensuring that first line of defense (FLOD) RCSA Testing Framework is appropriately designed, engaged across all first-line control functions, and executes to ensure alignments to Santander Policies specific to RCSA and Control testing. This position has accountability across all first-line control functions to ensure the testing methodologies are standardized, execute consistently on an annual basis, and continuously identifies opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of testing methodologies. This role is responsible for the execution of the RCSA Testing Framework across all Operations functions to minimize impacts from all risks (e.g. Regulatory, Legal Customer, Financial, and Reputational). The incumbent is expected to execute these tasks in an exemplary fashion to enhance the overall FLoD Control Framework.
In addition, this role has accountability of ensuring that the appropriate Regulatory aspects of the RCSA are identified (in partnership with SC Compliance), updates are accurately made to the functional risk and controls self-assessments (RCSA), and identified issues are appropriately reviewed to identify any potential regulatory implications prior to validation by the Second Line of Defense (SLoD) Compliance function.
Summary of Responsibilities: Support the Business Control Officer (BCO) SVP in ensuring that first line of defense (FLOD) controls and reporting are established, appropriately tested per policy standards and reported for Executive management review. In addition this role has responsibility for ensuring that RCSA Testing is executed in a consistent and standard manner across all First Line of Defense (FLoD) functions.
This position is responsible for supporting business line leadership in building, communicating and implementing the FLOD framework for all Operations activities and initiatives. He or she supports business line leaders in ensuring effective policies, risk assessments, training, and governance practices are established. In addition, supporting mapping of business decisions and activities related to established risk appetite and internal controls is a core component.
- Support the development of FLOD procedures that proactively identify deficiencies in controls, procedures and compliance with respect to Operations group systems, internal policies, and laws and regulations.
- Display outstanding leadership skills and characteristics during all interactions.
- Assist line leadership in the identification and documentation of gaps and corrective action plans where applicable to assist departmental and organizational compliance efforts.
- Support complex projects and business initiatives in alignment with the organizations risk appetite and regulatory requirements.
- Support FLOD RCSA Testing activities to ensure consistency and standardization.
- Provide remediation guidance on identified data trends and root causes.
- Facilitate activities and projects that build a Culture of Compliance within the organization.
- Support the effort to build a sustainable and repeatable process to assess risk, monitor and track identified gaps and remediation efforts.
- Identify technology and operations activity that may pose heightened risk to the organization including those that could impact reputational, compliance or the financial condition of the organization and drive remediation projects.
- Demonstrate sound judgment, creativity, a practical approach and commitment to achieving excellence.
- Maintain strong relationships with the SC Executive Leadership team and their direct reports.
- Ensure all tasks are carried out with a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team and train others on regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree with business related focus required.
- Minimum ten (10) plus year’s compliance, operations risk, or control oversight experience in preferably the financial service industry.
- Ability to interpret and understand legal documents, regulations and government legislation is required.
- Expert ability to set and balance short- and long-term priorities and remain focused within a rigorous, fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Minimum eight (8) years management experience desired, preferably in the financial services industry, but not required.
- Regulatory certifications preferred but not required.
- Prior regulatory and advisory experience preferred.
- Prior experience in corporate environment dealing with regulators (CFPB, FRB, OCC, FDIC, etc.), auditors and legal counsel is preferred.
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail.
- High ethical standards.
- Strategic and tactical thinker
- Articulate and effective communicator with a proactive and ‘no surprise’ approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to foster a collaborative working relationship with multiple functional areas, operational areas, and complex business lines.
- Ability to adapt to various work environments, industries, and project schedules.
- Proven ability to build network quickly, influence others and effectively address audiences of all levels.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate / satellite office role