ServiceNow DeveloperInformation Technology Dallas, Texas
Job Family: Information Technology
Designs, analyzes and supports the company’s information technology structure, systems and processes. Acquires, designs, implements and operates the company’s information technology resources (e.g., computer hardware, operating systems, communications, software applications, data, databases, etc.). Deploys, acquires, maintains and ensures security of information technology assets. Plans and tests processes to ensure compliance with system requirements, business objectives, security standards and other technical requirements.
Job Function: Infrastructure Operations
Designs, plans, and governs strategic and cross-organizational optimization of an enterprise’s systems, processes, or components. Controls and monitors day-to-day IT operations, change management, deployment, and DC and systems management. Ensures that the business and IT are in alignment. Drives the architecture approaches and processes to ensure that it is the most efficient and secure IT environment for the company.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Sr. Associate, Infrastructure Operations manages and interprets monitoring and reporting mechanisms that measure the Service Providers performance. S/he amends existing metrics and develops and implements new metrics and reports as technologies and services evolve over time. In addition, the incumbent reviews and approves technical and project status reports, development of mitigation/remediation plans, and suggests improvements. The Sr. Associate, Infrastructure Operations ensures that efficient and cost effective technology solutions, aligned with enterprise architectures, are developed and deployed so as to enhance organizational productivity and improve the Company’s competitive position.
- Manages the daily infrastructure operations to ensure high availability.
- Supports day to day problem determination and resolution of system software related to incident and problem tickets raised by end users.
- Understand the architecture of enterprise-level server hardware configurations and provide operational support to customers and delivery teams
- Handles change, Incident, Problem and Escalation management.
- Develops strong knowledge of all relevant contractual documents to fully understand scope, responsibilities, obligations, and deliverables.
- Drives innovation to optimize, automates and standardizes the operational delivery processes.
- Supports third party vendor software utilities and packages.
- Troubleshoots across the technology stack – expert level issue resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education –
- Bachelor’s Degree: in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent field.
- or equivalent work experience
- Experience –
- 9-12 years Experience covering enterprise datacenter server hardware administration in a large scale infrastructure setup in a functional team member role.
- Experience working in large-scale datacenter/cloud/network environments and related technologies.
- Experience in running cloud infrastructure environments from an end-to-end perspective, ideally covering compute, network and storage at the server hardware level.
- Experience in global project setups and driving assigned work streams in a results-driven way.
- Skills & Abilities –
- Ability to effectively and confidently communicate complex concepts – in speaking and writing –with team members and all levels of technical and nontechnical customer stakeholders
- Ability to create diagrams, policies, procedures, presentations, etc., as needed for day-to-day management as well as read blueprints/schematics, etc. as needed for planning/issue remediation
- Familiarity of industry change management best practices
- Enriching interpersonal skills
- Highly self motivated and self-directed
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, critical thinking, and communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail, quality, and follow-through; commitment to continuous improvement and the elimination of performance variability
- Ability to think analytically and independently, providing the thought leadership necessary to introduce incremental and evolutionary change
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements with a flexible and creative approach to brainstorming, troubleshooting, and problem solving
- Well-rounded and advanced knowledge and skills across networks, servers, databases, cloud services, security, and other related disciplines
- Knowledge of systems architectures and information security practices
- Ability to work under high pressure situations calmly
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
- Clear leadership and capability to take fact based hard decisions when required, and ensure stakeholder alignment and clear communications
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.