Small Business UnderwriterOriginations Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Small Business Underwriter reviews and analyzes credit information as well as risk analysis of retail installment loan and lease from small business applicants. . This position is responsible for reviewing and analyzing credit information as well as risk analysis of installment loan and lease requests for assigned dealers. The Credit Underwriter has full credit authority.
- Provide viewpoint on risk tolerance, caps and key risk indicators, and diversification to maximize risk adjusted returns.
- Evaluates proposed loan structures along with application risk which considers credit bureau, Lexis/Nexis and other information with the objective of balancing risk and reward, given SC’s defined buy box and risk appetite.
- Analyzes credit applications based on dealership’s program and that puts the dealer in a profitable position.
- Work with credit risk to proactively identify and escalate emerging risks with recommendations.
- Identify and escalate issues and observations as they arise.
- Provide feedback to the line of business and its risk controls ensuring consistency and compliance with risk management framework and policies.
- Assists in resolving problems that may arise on pending contracts.
- Supports Originations associates (Credit, Funding and Sales) as needed to ensure customer satisfaction and advocacy
- Assists in system enhancements.
- Troubleshoots system defects. Responsible for UAT of system changes when needed.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Answers questions for other credit associates in the absence of the Underwriting Manager.
- Performs side-by-side training and system demonstrations for auditor and other personnel as needed.
- Cultivates business activity from an assigned territory to produce monthly contracts.
- Responsible for ensuring proper coverage for assigned team.
- Assists with training and mentoring of the Underwriting team as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics; Equivalent combination of some completed college courses and five (5) years’ industry experience as a Commercial Underwriter may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Minimum five (5) years’ prior experience in the financial services industry required.
- Minimum (4) years’ commercial underwriting or equivalent industry experience required.
- Five (5) years’ prior sales experience preferred
- Must be familiar with business credit bureaus such as Dunn & Bradstreet and Experian Business file.
- Expert understanding of the business loan transaction process as well as credit bureau reports coupled with the ability to recognize positive and negative trends in credit performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate credit decisions
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Solid understanding of Excel, Power Point, and Word.
- Proven track record of demonstrating leadership abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.