Specialized Collections RepresentativeOperations Support North Richland Hills, Texas
Job Family: Business Operations
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company's business units. Aims to deliver superior service to clients by driving and optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of people, processes and technology thereby enhancing financial performance, increasing investment capacity, and managing risk. Builds the sustainable repeatable capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of service and execution. Analyzes and reviews data tools, business processes and operational standards to execute service delivery. Evaluates and ensures that operations meet company objectives, business needs, service agreements and relevant requirements. Researches and monitors external landscape to identify developments and translate them into operational implications for the company.
Job Function: Auto Loan & Lease Collections
Accountable for the day-to-day support of consumer loan and lease accounts in all stages and statuses in order to ensure that payments are received in a timely manner and to minimize losses. Ensures adherence to internal policy and external regulations. Supports respectful customer experiences throughout life of loan.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Representative, Specialized Collections is responsible for minimizing liabilities and promoting recoveries on accounts that are protected under the FDCPA, Section 805. In addition, this team member for handling all Bankruptcy accounts from inception to completion and for following federal, state and district guidelines as well as policies & procedures.
- Utilizes various sources to validate SCRA eligibility for customers that request protection in accordance with SCRA
- Reviews all account information and compiles associated documentation to determine coverage level and validity to refer for approval
- Monitors systems to ensure eligible accounts are active, updated to reflect coverage and/or loan modifications
- Notifies customers with account updates
- Adheres to all federal, state and district guidelines as well as policies & procedures.
- Tracks and documents all account activity in the computer system.
- Performs additional duties as requested, needed, or assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education –
- Bachelor's Degree: Business, Finance, or equivalent field.
- or equivalent work experience: Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience –
- 0-3 years Six (6) months general office experience or equivalent education/training required.
- Skills & Abilities –
- Broad understanding of loss prevention and collection policies and procedures and be familiar with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to initiate collections process and communicate in an assertive, compassionate, respectful, and successful manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a basic working knowledge of regulations and collection policies and procedures.
- Proficient organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to understand collection laws.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word skills and Excel, Internet, familiarity with collections software and programs
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain poise under pressure.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.