Sr. Accounting Analyst (Regulatory Reporting)Finance Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Sr Accounting Analyst III – Reporting shall be responsible for performing advanced level reporting, and forecasting duties relative to the company’s Debt Portfolio.
- Creates and distributes monthly Securitization and related reports with timely and effective communication of results
- Assists with the preparation of SEC filings including 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K and supporting schedules, drafting notes, discussions and other narratives as required
- Maintains documented support for all 10Q & 10K disclosures
- Performs technical research, interpret accounting pronouncements and SEC requirements to determine and document appropriate accounting treatment and related disclosures. Keeps abreast of all new accounting rules and evaluates applicability to the Company
- Reconciles general ledger data to various sub-ledger and treasury system data
- Ensures timely completion of compliance and reporting requirements
- Responsible for month-end closing activities – prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, etc.
- Acts as a key liaison with Capital Markets and other internal groups on new facility deal negotiations, legal document reviews for recurring reporting and compliance requirements, etc.
- Acts as a key liaison for numerous audits and/or reviews, including but not limited to Reg. AB, compliance, external year end, etc.
- Assists Management with the compilation and presentation of required internal reporting requirements (ALCO, F&T Committee, etc.) for areas of responsibility, as required
- Assists with the analysis of existing and proposed, complex securitizations including related legal agreements to ensure maximum borrowing efficiency and assessment of ability to comply with all related reporting requirements
- Identifies ways to promote efficiency within the financial reporting process to implement and/or incorporate best practices.
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related business administration field
- CPA certification or similar professional certification preferred
- Five (5) + years previous experience in Accounting, Finance or Treasury
- Public Accounting experience preferred but not required
- Advanced proficiency with certain PC applications (Microsoft Word / Excel/ Outlook / PowerPoint), including knowledge, development and use of vlookups, pivot tables, IRR, NPV and other formula functions, etc.
- Preferred experience in:
- Asset-Backed Securities, Financial Reporting
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to multi-task several projects/initiatives simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Ability to review legal documents to create securitization certificates and trigger monitoring
- Ability to extract, analyze and process data to present summary information used in various analysis
- Ability to reconcile system transactions to cash receipts to ensure cash appropriately accounted for
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality required
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.