Summary of Responsibilities:
The Senior SEC Analyst will lead a team responsible for preparing the Company’s external financial statements, footnotes, and related materials, and for researching technical accounting matters.
- Lead preparation of accurate and timely SEC filings including 10-Qs, 10-Ks, 8-Ks, and supporting schedules, including footnote disclosures, Management’s Discussion and Analysis, and Compensation Discussion & Analysis, as well as related Investor Relations materials such as scripts, earnings releases, and earnings presentations
- Maintain documented support for all financial information prepared and published by SEC Reporting
- Act as a key liaison for external and internal auditors for financial statement and other audits and reviews, including providing materials requested by auditors
- Provide assistance to parent company in preparation of its SEC filings
- Research, document, and apply appropriate accounting guidance to complex issues and transactions
- Research and document the impact on the Company of new and proposed accounting guidance
- Assist in the design and implementation of improved procedures related to SEC Reporting
- Maintain, and ensure adherence to, up-to-date policies, procedures, and control documentation, including Sarbanes Oxley documentation
- Review XBRL tagging to ensure accurate and complete submission to the SEC
- Special projects as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related business administration field
- Two (2) + years previous experience in Accounting, Finance or Treasury
- Advanced proficiency with certain PC applications (Microsoft Word / Excel / Outlook / PowerPoint), including knowledge, development and use of vlookups, pivot tables, IRR, NPV and other formula functions, etc.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments to obtain and provide needed information
- Strong supervision skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to multi-task effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- CPA certification or similar professional certification preferred
- Public Accounting experience preferred but not required
- Experience in Financial Services preferred
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.