Sr. Analyst, Credit RiskRisk Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Credit Risk Analyst is responsible for providing analysis support for risk oversight. The Credit Risk Analyst will work closely with the line of business, to ensure complete, consistent and accurate capturing and reporting of risk information and principles.
- Provide oversight to the line of business and its risk controls ensuring consistency and compliance with risk management framework and policies.
- Conduct analysis to support the management team in its independent identification, assessment and challenges related to risks throughout the credit process by providing management with critical inputs needed to understand risks and trends.
- Conduct analysis to support ongoing review of models, including pricing, scorecards and residual risk, allowing for corrective action prior to systematic increases in risk profile.
- Key risk indicators, and diversification to maximize risk adjusted returns.
- Develops competence by performing structured work assignments
- Proactively identify and escalate emerging risks with recommendations.
- Assist as needed in enterprise wide projects.
- Uses existing processes and procedures to solve routine or standard problems
- Receives instruction, guidance and direction from supervisor
- Identify and escalate issues and observations as they arise.
- Complete reviews/projects and additional work within specified timescales and in line with departmental standards
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out with a high degree of professionalism
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required
- Zero (0) – Two(2) years of experience within consumer or commercial banking risk management
- Understanding of software applications such as SQL, SAS, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Dedication to information integrity, accurate reporting and strict confidentiality
- Analytical, technical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively explain to others how to understand and approach complicated issues
- Strong verbal and written communication, collaboration, and time management skills
- Ability to adapt to various work environments and project schedules
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of personnel
- Strategic and tactical thinker with ability to multitask and prioritize
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory and accounting guidance concerning consumer lending, preferred
- Understanding of credit risk concepts including Probability of Default (PD), Loss Given Default (LGD), Exposure At Default (EAD) and vintage effects, preferred
- Experience working within MIS/reporting, portfolio management and forecasting functions, preferred
- Knowledge of credit risk reporting structures (Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETLs), Risk Data Management, Risk Data Warehouse, data validation models etc.), preferred
- The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
Employer’s Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.