Senior Residual Values AnalystRisk Dallas, Texas
Job Family: Risk
Monitors activities to minimize the company’s exposure to risk. Activities may include quantitative analysis, risk identification and remediation. Represents or supports the reputation of the company to minimize compliance and regulatory risk by resolving issues and ensuring adherence to company and legal standards. Responsible for ensuring that all of the company’s activities adhere to the necessary rules and regulations, and that the company complies with legal/regulatory statutes and jurisdictions.
Job Function: Risk Management
Ensures adherence to the policies and procedures established by the company. Manages policy, standard definition and monitoring of policy, standard implementation, ensuring harmonization and consistency of risk policies. Monitors and manages risk/exposure and compliance with the company’s policies. Identifies, manages and reports on the company’s risk areas. Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of data, document retention, and monitors systems.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Senior Residual Values Analyst is responsible for developing analytics and maintaining sophisticated risk models related to automobile depreciation rates, end-of-lease residual values, and lease portfolio risk monitoring. S/he is responsible for all aspects of credit and residual value risk within the leasing portfolio including compliance with requirements of regulators and internal control and will recommend opportunities and proposed resolutions for improved efficiency, effectiveness, and/or risk reduction for the department.
- Actively participates in the construction of complex mathematical models and performs analytics which directly support critical decision making processes such as the setting of contractual lease vehicle residual values and the active management of residual value risk.
- Analyzes trends in credit risk data and escalates developments according to company policy and procedures for risk escalations.
- Communicates and shares insight to causes of risk indicators and proposes recommendations to resolve or mitigate identified risks with team.
- Reviews identified credit and residual value risks and liabilities; informs and recommends resolutions with business lines to mitigate risk potential.
- Serves as a point of contact for the department by responding to internal inquiries regarding credit and residual value risk, procedures, regulatory requirements, and project status updates.
- Informs employees on credit and risk policies and guidelines to build a risk aware culture and practice across the organization.
- Researches a wide variety of topics relating to the leasing portfolio including macroeconomic trends, emerging risks, and risk management best practices; summarizes and communicates findings with team.
- Evaluates credit risk management contingency plans and reports findings.
- Assists in processing credit and residual value risk assessments by analyzing risk data and identifying any plausible risks affecting the business and operations.
- Prepares appropriate review memorandum summarizing liabilities and recommending follow-up evaluations
- Provides procedural guidance and support to junior analysts in the various functions of the department, and in the methods of tools of analysis.
- Interprets and applies credit and residual value risk procedures, ensures analysis is documented and that records are maintained.
- Evaluates the strengths and weaknesses of existing controls and provides recommendations on opportunities for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education –
- Bachelor’s Degree: Accounting, Business, Statistics, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field.
- or equivalent work experience
- Master’s Degree: Accounting, Business, Statistics, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field.
- Experience –
- 3-5 years
- Skills & Abilities –
- Previous experience working with vehicle pricing data (residual values or similar).
- Demonstrated credit analysis skills for understanding/tracking and market risk & modeling skills for evaluating related risk exposures.
- Ability to work with large databases and datasets for extraction and conversion into useful final results with original numbers.
- Strong quantitative capabilities and analytical skills, including an investigative mindset.
- Strong MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and Outlook) skills.
- Experience with data analysis tools (SQL, SAS, Tableau or similar).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build and foster internal relationships.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to analyze risk and provide recommendations and/or resolutions to minimize risk.
- Ability to summarize, document, and communicate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Ability to stay abreast of industry best practices, procedures, and techniques.
- Ability to change direction as project demand dictates.
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate instructions to others, summarize and articulate issues, and document findings in a clear and concise manner.