Sr. Associate, Data QualityInformation Technology Dallas, Texas
Job Family: Data Management
Maintains and monitors data and databases to meet the company’s current and projected future needs. Reviews and ensures the quality, accuracy and security of data in accordance with established procedures and standards. Monitors database activity and the relationships between the database users and applications to ensure appropriate data usage and resolve data conflicts. Collaborates with technology/infrastructure staff to identify data relationships and functional requirements.
Job Function: Data Quality
Designs and monitors control systems which ensure the integrity and security of data and for advising on the optimal use of the organization’s computing resources. Assesses the completeness, accuracy, validity and efficiency of information processing, business and application systems, reviews the operations, systems software, systems development and security of the organization’s computing environment, and recommends appropriate software and hardware acquisitions.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Sr. Associate, Data Quality serves as a recognized subject matter expert in data management, data analysis, and research functions for the organization. S/he performs extensive data analysis and provides thoughtful consultation that will enhance strategic insight and drive enterprise performance,
- Provides thoughtful analysis to enhance reporting functionality and automation of processes.
- Applies advanced analytical processes to the planning, design, and implementation of complex logistics data.
- Develops the strategic use of data and improve program effectiveness to support sound business decisions.
- Develops and implements a wide range of new and innovative quantitative methods for modeling and forecasting.
- Prepares and participates in presentations on strategic initiatives, developing supporting action plans and key performance indicators (KPIs) to track progress and review/refine strategies.
- Maintains the systems, processes and procedures ensuring strong data quality controls are in place.
- Develops and implements databases, data collection systems, data analytics, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in data management, data analysis, and research functions for the organization.
- Analyzes data and provides recommendations to complex business scenarios/problems.
- Provides guidance and direction to less experienced data analysts on data analysis and maintenance of data infrastructure.
- Gathers critical information from meetings with various stakeholders to produce useful reporting working closely with department heads, technicians, and managerial staff.
- Presents data, results, and/or recommendations from projects or process implementations to senior leadership as directed.
- Prepares and analyzes extensive data for timely and accurate managerial reporting in monthly boards of director’s meetings.
- Identifies trends, advises management and recommends actions based on sound advise.
- Consults with management to guide and influence long term and strategic decision making within the broadest scope.
- Ensures that solutions meet the business needs and adherence to company standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education –
- Bachelor’s Degree: Finance, Economics, Management Information Systems, Statistics or equivalent quantitative field.
- or equivalent work experience
- Master’s Degree: Finance, Economics, Management Information Systems, Statistics or equivalent quantitative field.
- Ph.D.: Finance, Economics, Management Information Systems, Statistics or equivalent quantitative field.
- Experience –
- 9-12 years
- Skills & Abilities –
- Technical expertise regarding data modeling, database design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical applications within Financial Services to interpret data requests and identify data analytics opportunities.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using statistical packages for analyzing data sets (Excel, Access, SPSS).
- Ability to lead, influence and direct peers, subordinates and management.
- Ability to make effective decision making on complex matters.
- Ability to convey a sense or urgency and drive
- Ability to exercise stakeholder confidentiality and discretionary judgment.
- Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances.
- Ability to interact with senior level management; experience interfacing with multiple levels of the organizational structure.
- Ability to maintain and report on confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong project management skills.
- Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Results oriented; ability to work efficiently and meet strict reporting deadlines.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.