Sr. Collateral Recovery SpecialistCollections Mesa, Arizona
Job Family: Business Operations
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company’s business units. Aims to deliver superior service to clients by driving and optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of people, processes and technology thereby enhancing financial performance, increasing investment capacity, and managing risk. Builds the sustainable repeatable capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of service and execution. Analyzes and reviews data tools, business processes and operational standards to execute service delivery. Evaluates and ensures that operations meet company objectives, business needs, service agreements and relevant requirements. Researches and monitors external landscape to identify developments and translate them into operational implications for the company.
Job Function: Auto Loan & Lease Recovery
Manages the day-to-day operations of consumer severely past due customer accounts in order to minimize losses and secure collateral. Ensures adherence to internal policy and external regulations. Supports respectful customer experiences throughout life of loan.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Sr. Associate, Recovery and Reinstatement is responsible for managing auction relationships, assisting in report processing, internet sales, vehicle pricing and repair approvals, and providing excellent customer service. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for leadership and/or participation during team meetings and events, maintaining account management software, producing month end reports and completion of sales projects and assignments.
- Responsible for all aspects of inventory management including audits and review of bankruptcy accounts for sale and potential take backs.
- Initiates, develops, builds, fosters and maintains effective relationships with all contacts; remains in contact through phone calls, faxes for follow up to contact through phone calls, faxes for follow up to assure adherence to AR Procedures and Service Level Agreements.
- Conducts formal audits on the first business day of each month to ensure compliance to company policy and procedure; reports findings and/or discrepancies to Recovery and Reinstatement team.
- Processes incoming communication requests regarding units and needed actions including fee requests, repair approvals and transport delay issues. Including escalated situations.
- Generates daily reports to review eligible inventory, creates and communicates eligible sales information to auction vendors on a daily basis.
- Follows up with external and internal auction staff regularly to resolve any delays or issues with units to ensure timely sales occur.
- Processes Assists Reinstatements with prompt return of customer units.
- Monitors and resolves exception reporting between AASC and Shaw derived inventory reports.
- Receives guidance from upper level management.
- Invoices approval via Catalyst.
- Facilitates post sale auction arbitrations.
- Provides professional and positive communication to both internal and external contacts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education –
- Bachelor’s Degree: Business, Finance, or equivalent degree.
- or equivalent work experience: Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience –
- 9-12 years Asset Remarketing/Late stag recovery/Collections experience.
- 5-9 years Auto Finance industry experience.
- Skills & Abilities –
- Thorough knowledge of general organizational operations and procedures
- Thorough understanding of loss prevention and collection policies and procedures and be familiar with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Excellent leadership and decision making skills with the ability to lead, coach and motivate others.
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of the management and executive team.
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience making data-driven decisions
- Comfortable presenting performance data to large groups and Sr. Executives
- Recommend risk ratings and charge offs
- Strong understanding of collection laws and regulations
- Basic knowledge of on-line collection systems
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to resolve moderate problems with minimal guidance
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.