Sr. Collateral Recovery SpecialistOperations Support North Richland Hills, Texas
Job Family: Business Operations
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company’s business units. Aims to deliver superior service to clients by driving and optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of people, processes and technology thereby enhancing financial performance, increasing investment capacity, and managing risk. Builds the sustainable repeatable capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of service and execution. Analyzes and reviews data tools, business processes and operational standards to execute service delivery. Evaluates and ensures that operations meet company objectives, business needs, service agreements and relevant requirements. Researches and monitors external landscape to identify developments and translate them into operational implications for the company.
Job Function: Auto Loan & Lease Recovery
Manages the day-to-day operations of consumer severely past due customer accounts in order to minimize losses and secure collateral. Ensures adherence to internal policy and external regulations. Supports respectful customer experiences throughout life of loan.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Sr. Representative, Recovery and Reinstatement provides recovery and collection efforts on charged-off accounts through reinstatements. S/he works with customers, business partners, and outside agencies and/or 3rd parties to ensure recovery and collection efforts are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provides recovery and collection efforts on charged-off accounts and reinstatements.
- Recommends settlements as circumstances warrant.
- Handles incoming calls related to recovery accounts.
- Initiates contact with customers or agencies in an effort to negotiate recovery of collateralized balances.
- Provides agents with all the pertinent information to effectively recover the assigned collateral.
- Documents all account activity accurately in the computer system.
- Assists in other related departments as required by business need.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education –
- Bachelor’s Degree: Business, Finance, or equivalent degree.
- or equivalent work experience: Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience –
- 0-3 years Three (3) years Collections experience in automobile collections.
- 0-3 years One (1) year previous late stage/recovery experience.
- Skills & Abilities –
- Strong knowledge of collection policies and procedures and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and applicable federal and state statutes.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of the repossession/charge-off processes.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and acceptance of change in a dynamic financial environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations.
- Accurate data entry, typing and ten-key skills.
- Strong customer experience skills.
- Ability to maintain poise under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.