Sr. Enterprise Project ManagerOperations Strategy Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Sr. Enterprise Project Manager is responsible for managing multiple projects which include either Technology or Business functional areas across the organization. This position will lead, support, monitor, mentor project managers, effective communication at mid-management level, advanced knowledge and understanding of project management process and procedures, and motivate the assigned project teams, providing guidance and recommendations, while ensuring timely decisions and driving key measures via quality metrics and reporting. This position will work independently and manage the relationship with internal and external stakeholders in the organization, creates a master schedule and monitors project(s) to ensure that accurate information is communicated in a clear and concise manner, to ensure that the deliverables remain on-time and within established budgetary parameters. This position will required to demonstrate cost tracking and reporting for projects, and benefits tracking post implementation.
- Manages multiple medium to large size projects from initiation to completion.
- Ensures enterprise project management standards, methodology and best practices are followed and consistently applied.
- Leads project teams and related implementation activities through all project phases.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to ensure the project roadmap is defined and captured in the project plan.
- Communicates project status, progress on deliverables, and risks/issues to stakeholders and leadership in a timely manner.
- Acts as a liaison between business and technical staff at all levels.
- Confident and concise communication skills, learning to tailor messages to peers, managers, customers and stakeholders.
- Maintains relationships and manages expectations with key business and IT stakeholders.
- Understands the business process viewpoint during issue reviews, planning and implementation sessions.
- Responsible for understanding and ensuring portfolio Kanban Boards are up to date and accurate with an actual visual Kanban board and/or within Rally.
- Drives the appropriate levels of project governance to ensure risks, issues and critical dependencies are being addressed.
- Communicates projects and programs status, progress on deliverables, and risks/issues to stakeholders and senior leadership in a timely manner.
- Strong experience with enterprise project planning, issue and risk management, resolves project issues and mitigates project risks.
- Manages project scope, budget and change control process; Analyze and assess existing processes and recommend innovative changes.
- Assists with analysis, design, testing, system documentation and user training.
- Develops and maintains a detailed understanding of business processes and applications, requirements, customer needs and priorities.
- Manages all aspects of the project plan from inception to deployment including operational and cross-functional teams support.
- Provides leadership and motivation to project team.
- Accountable for projects artifacts including Microsoft Project Plan, Issues logs, Risk Assessments, meeting minutes and any other documents required by the Portfolio Program Management Office including proper storage and access.
- Closely reviews and interprets all plans, specifications and schedules for each project’s scope of work in conjunction with the resources assigned from the business.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- May assist in other related departments as required by business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) certification is preferred.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification is preferred.
- SAFe Agilist certification is preferred.
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years’ experience in enterprise project management in an IT software development environment.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in business process analysis, project management or process management required.
- Strong knowledge of project management tools and processes. Strong Microsoft Project experience and ability to create and maintain project plans of various sizes.
- Ability to manage multiple medium to large size projects from initiation to completion.
- Three (3)+ years’ experience running projects using agile methodology.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) including the ability to successfully influence across teams.
- Excellent presentation skills and experience of presenting to mid-management level and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strong time management and leadership skills.
- Track record of successfully delivering large initiatives by developing strong relationships, demonstrating core project management principles, and effectively driving key measures via metrics and reporting.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to facilitate problem solving and provide recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business and technical environment.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrate excellent collaboration skills.
- Ability to build strong partnerships with other IT teams and business customers.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate team members.
- Experience in Auto Finance or other finance industries preferred.
- Applies judgment, decision-making skills, and the ability to work under continual deadlines and pressure to manage projects effectively.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.