Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Strategic Risk Senior Manager will report to the Director, Strategic Risk and play a key role in estimating the Company’s economic capital framework and risk-adjusted performance capabilities. This role will assist in the estimation of all risk categories and allocating them to various business units. This individual will work closely with other areas of FP&A, Treasury, Credit Risk Management, and business units.
- Develop and implement economic capital (EC) estimates for all risk categories (e.g., credit, operational, market, and counterparty risks) to determine overall capital needs)
- Incrementally enhance EC assessment and risk quantification methodologies to build best-in-class practices
- Administer an ongoing process to periodically update the assessment of strategic risks with updates and reporting
- Estimating capital requirements and strategic risk impact for due-diligence activities such as new products and M&A opportunities
- Allocate capital to business segments for measuring risk-adjusted returns
- Estimate capital requirements for enterprise and business units
- Implement Basel II & III advanced methodologies to enhance economic capital measurement approach
- Provide analytic support to risk management & other business partners, on ad-hoc requests related to capital requirements
- Maintain adequate documentation from business continuity and Model Risk perspectives
- Monitor regulatory and market developments related to economic capital assessment
- Create economic capital reports for Finance & Treasury, risk committees, senior management and parent company
- Will provide oversight to analysts in the team
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Special projects as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Minimum five (5) to seven (7) years of financial analysis, statistical analysis, and risk modeling (operational, market, and credit) experience
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a Bank, Financial Services or a Consulting firm setting
- Experience in quantitative analysis, statistical modeling/Monte Carlo simulation
- Familiarity with regulatory standards (Basel II/III) desirable
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to research, formulate ideas, and develop actionable insights
- Solid project management and coordination skills with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Bloomberg, and statistical software
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Risk Management, Financial Engineering, Quantitative Finance, Statistics and/or related disciplines preferred
- Familiarity with SAS, R, and MatLab preferred
- Prior economic capital experience in Treasury, Finance, or Risk Management preferred
The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.