Sr. SCCM Systems EngineerFull-Time Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities: The System Engineer III shall be responsible for monitoring, administering, and supporting the core service technology infrastructure in tandem with our third party IT managed services vendor.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs systems maintenance, upgrades, capacity planning, and administration.
- Develops, documents, and standardizes preventative maintenance routines to ensure system availability and performance standards on production systems.
- Develops technical solutions using supportable methodologies that adhere to departmental standards and conventions.
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and resolves incidents and problems within defined service level agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience in information technology.
- Hands-on experience with any of these technologies preferred:
- Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, WINS, DHCP.
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft IIS/ASP.NET (Administration/Troubleshooting)
- VMWARE / Microsoft Hyper-V
- EMC Storage Technologies (NAS / SAN)
- Management Tools (SNMP / WMI)
- Effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- High capacity for learning.
- Highly collaborative.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- May assist in other related departments as required by business needs.
- Extended working hours may be required by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.