Sr. Social Media SpecialistMarketing Denton, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Sr. Social Media Specialist is responsible for helping to develop a clearly defined social media strategy in a manner that supports marketing and initiatives while increasing brand equity and online awareness. This position is responsible for helping craft and guide the company social media strategy and team of social media coordinators, which includes planning, managing, contributing to, and analyzing all social media channels in an effort to achieve corporate objectives while ensuring a consistent marketing message and strengthening our position in the market.
- Executes the social media strategy across all media platforms, coordinating with stakeholders across the company for maximum effectiveness.
- Helps build a corporate culture of adoption of social media to promote the company’s products and services.
- Oversees the company’s presence in all social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other similar community sites; and seeding content into social applications as needed while following our established guidelines and protocol for the social networking space.
- Serves as an advocate of the Company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answers questions where appropriate.
- Monitors effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyzes, reviews and reports on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Regularly reviews trends and insights gained from social media monitoring; educates and trains the marketing team on social media strategies and best practices.
- Helps develop paid social media campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience managing Social Media day-to-day activities.
- Passion for social media, analyzing performance, and how it fits in with more general marketing activities
- Experience in auto industry or finance industry a plus.
- Experience with social media management tools (Sprinklr, Hootsuite, etc.) a plus
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Experience with paid social media advertising required
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships.
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary.
- Have a good knowledge of principles of SEO.
- Public relations, marketing, sales, management experience, a plus but not required.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business and technical environment.
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects from start to finish, and ability to effectively juggle multiple projects.
- Some travel for short periods may be required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to generate ideas and work with minimal guidance.
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.