Sr. Software EngineerInformation Technology Costa Mesa, California
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Software Engineer IV is responsible for object-oriented applications programming in the custom application development environment including software installation, configuration, modification, troubleshooting, security, resource monitoring, and the development of specialized programs in any object programming language used by the enterprise. Other areas of responsibility include supporting the application environments in order to maintain business continuity including but is not limited to the evaluation, selection and training of new products or services and provides systems analysis, programming, and testing support.
- Develops custom applications, services and components.
- Unit tests individually assigned code through automation.
- Participates in daily SCRUMS for status and project direction.
- Assists in the design and development of application architecture.
- Assists in development-software installation and tuning, default configuration, development-software upgrades, software and application performance, and defect reporting from unit testing.
- Develops tools and procedures to support development in primary languages and architectures.
- Supports development activities that require specialized programming.
- Develops programming standards that will be utilized in the environment.
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing programming procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion.
- Maintains the integrity of the applications, and insures the continuity with the current processing applications.
- Ensures that all client requests and problems are being appropriately and adequately resolved in a timely basis.
- Demonstrates skill in advanced programming techniques and expertise in moving the enterprise operating environment to program specifications.
- Fulfills departmental requirements in terms of providing work coverage and administrative notification during periods of personnel illness, vacation, or education.
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics or natural sciences preferred.
- Minimum four (4) years of broad-based experience with Microsoft technologies (C#, ASP.Net, WPF, WCF, etc.)
- Minimum eight (8) years’ programming experience.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in object-oriented programming.
- Minimum four (4) years’ database development.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience implementing services-oriented architectures.
- Experience implementing common design patterns.
- Demonstrable knowledge of application architecture and holistic system design.
- High capacity for learning.
- Demonstrable knowledge of object-oriented techniques.
- Demonstrable knowledge of development-oriented database concepts.
- Highly collaborative.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.