Sr. Specialist, Business Intelligence and ReportingOperations Support Dallas, Texas
Job Family: Product Development & Management
Researches, develops and implements competitive pricing programs and/or banking products and services for various lines of business to appropriately price based on risk, deposit, or credit goals while maintaining profitability. Continuously monitors the market and competitor strategies to ensure pricing is in line to provide consumers and/or clients a fair price while maintaining market share and/or deposit levels. Plans, directs and facilitates all phases of the pricing strategy changes from inception through introduction into the marketplace. Ensures products meet regulatory and industry standards.
Job Function: Product Management
Oversees all activities and functions associated with products or product lines at all stages of their lifecycles. Gathers user requirements to provide product strategy and prepares product trainings for salespeople. Interfaces with and collaborates across functions and stakeholders (e.g., marketing and sales) to ensure successful product development and implementation. Develops pricing and distribution strategies. Plans product direction and evolution.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Sr. Specialist, Product Management supports product management team through pricing, sales support, and providing inputs to marketing strategy. Researches the demands, risks, regulatory environment of the applicable markets to develop products. Supports more experienced colleagues with relevant competitive, market and/or financial analyses to gain breadth/depth of knowledge in relevant products, services and platforms. Performs technical training, demonstrations and develops user documentation to provide feedback on enhancements for assigned product(s). Follows and completes activities outlined in product development process and conducts focused research on specific topics.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives and profitability of assigned product.
- Works with more experienced Product Management on product pricing.
- Supports more senior Product Managers in building client-focused, strategic business cases for firm offerings in the marketplace through relevant research and analyses on client segments, competitive landscape and industry environment.
- Collects and analyzes market data and sales data required by Product Managers for accurate pricing.
- Helps relationship managers, sales staff, and other product managers perform technical trainings or demonstrations for potential clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education –
- Bachelor’s Degree: in Business, Finance, or equivalent discipline.
- or equivalent work experience
- Experience –
- 3-5 years Data/ research/ analytics at a financial institution.
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies.
- Experience with Agile Scrum.
- Skills & Abilities –
- Solid understanding the impact of regulatory changes to the products
- Strong background in Home Equity and/or Mortgage products and services
- Demonstrated understanding of product development life cycle
- Strong analytical skills/financial acumen
- Demonstrates the ability to translate customer needs into marketable product features
- Secure SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) methodologies experience
- Ability to interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.